Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-02-2021, 11:27 AM   #501
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image

I took this photo the other day while packing away XM Studios Starlet Witch, as i hope to move house
this year. Over the period of two days, i packed all my statues up. No easy task, i can tell you, boxing up 40+ pieces. Those out
of the box videos really came in handy.

In the photo you can see the location where Scarlet Witch foot joins the base. My gripe is, the
sculpt of silver metal fails to match the rest of the base. Likewise, the paint looks rushed, with
its silver base coat over which there appears to be a black wash. Am i coming across as over critical?

Fact is, if i look at my other XM piece, Ms Marvel, the base on that piece appears to have had much
more time, love, care, attention applied when it came to the paint app. It raises the questions, are
factories having too much pressure put on them to deliver on time? ..or is QA lacking? ..or maybe
the painters are sick to death of have to paint silver machine themed bases?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:47 AM   #502
BecauseBatman
Fantastic Four

I am currently in the process of moving and got around to Scarlet Witch last night.

Both her arms attach by magnets but they are super stuck now and won't come off. Not sure what happened but I pulled with a good bit of force and they won't budge at all.

Does any one have any recommendations? I've never encountered anything like this before for magnet parts.
BecauseBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 05:13 PM   #503
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecauseBatman View Post
I am currently in the process of moving and got around to Scarlet Witch last night.

Both her arms attach by magnets but they are super stuck now and won't come off. Not sure what happened but I pulled with a good bit of force and they won't budge at all.

Does any one have any recommendations? I've never encountered anything like this before for magnet parts.

Without being able to see the statue, the only thing I can think of that might be the cause is the paint. It's possible that the paint on the contact surfaces on the arms have somewhat "melded" together. So now you have adhesion going on that's preventing you from pulling the arms apart.

Possible solution is to heat up the contact surfaces a tad and then see if you can pull them apart. Try one arm at a time. Use a blow-dryer to heat the contact surface areas. The process is to heat the area a tad, then try pulling them apart. If it doesn't work, then heat it up a tad more and try pulling them apart again. Monitor how hot the arm gets by touching it with your finger. You shouldn't go past the point where your finger starts to burn. Hoping you don't have to heat it up that much to pull the arm apart.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:56 PM   #504
BecauseBatman
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Without being able to see the statue, the only thing I can think of that might be the cause is the paint. It's possible that the paint on the contact surfaces on the arms have somewhat "melded" together. So now you have adhesion going on that's preventing you from pulling the arms apart.

Possible solution is to heat up the contact surfaces a tad and then see if you can pull them apart. Try one arm at a time. Use a blow-dryer to heat the contact surface areas. The process is to heat the area a tad, then try pulling them apart. If it doesn't work, then heat it up a tad more and try pulling them apart again. Monitor how hot the arm gets by touching it with your finger. You shouldn't go past the point where your finger starts to burn. Hoping you don't have to heat it up that much to pull the arm apart.
Thank you so much for the advice. I'll try that method this weekend and update with some photos. Cheers!
BecauseBatman is offline   Reply With Quote