Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-25-2020, 06:56 AM   #471
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
It's just a little settling. It's still good, it's still good.
Another 0.5mm and it'll be time to insert a piece of felt into the gap to protect both pieces, and to stop the leaning. If it is prevented form leaning further, it might attempt to do the twist, a slow twist.

I have passed this info to XM for their take. I also asked how far up the right leg does the metal rod travel?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:00 AM   #472
ukshaun
Hercules

I let XM know, just to make them aware.

Thank you for contacting XM Customer Care and bringing this to our attention.

Rest assured we had noted on the weight of the cape and made sure the metal rod on the right leg is long and strong enough to
sustain the weight of the cape during our engineering process. However, just to be on the safe side, you may want to add the felt
and please let us know if the statue is leaning to an unacceptable level. Thank you! - XM Studios

They like my felt idea. Fingers crossed, the metal rod is up to the job.
Other collectors might not have their Scarlet Witch positioned next to another piece like i have. If their Scarlet Witch leans/cape bends, then the problem might end up more serve. Maybe the movement of 5mm is common while the piece settles into position?
Old 10-26-2020, 08:59 AM   #473
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Ugh. Now I'm scared to get this. Display without cape?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:09 AM   #474
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I let XM know, just to make them aware.

Thank you for contacting XM Customer Care and bringing this to our attention.

Rest assured we had noted on the weight of the cape and made sure the metal rod on the right leg is long and strong enough to
sustain the weight of the cape during our engineering process. However, just to be on the safe side, you may want to add the felt
and please let us know if the statue is leaning to an unacceptable level. Thank you! - XM Studios

They like my felt idea. Fingers crossed, the metal rod is up to the job.
Other collectors might not have their Scarlet Witch positioned next to another piece like i have. If their Scarlet Witch leans/cape bends, then the problem might end up more serve. Maybe the movement of 5mm is common while the piece settles into position?
I wonder if your issue is the same as the person who's Storm statue was badly leaning. The issue with that statue was we couldn't figure out if the cape had pulled the statue or if the statue had bent. How does Scarlet Witch herself look? Were initial measurements ever made on her position?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:53 AM   #475
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I wonder if your issue is the same as the person who's Storm statue was badly leaning. The issue with that statue was we couldn't figure out if the cape had pulled the statue or if the statue had bent. How does Scarlet Witch herself look? Were initial measurements ever made on her position?
On Storm I don't think it was either issue, I think the peg hole in the base was drilled wrong....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:59 AM   #476
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
No.
The only point reference is the gap between the cape and the X-23 base. Over a 2 week period, movement amount to about 5mm, which isn't a lot, but quite a lot if it continues, which it cannot, due to the X-23 base preventing it from doing so.
If the same thing is happening to other Scarlet Witches, my guess is, other collectors are probably blissfully unware of any movement. If there is an issue, more reports should surface in the future.

'the metal rod on the right leg is long and strong enough to
sustain the weight of the cape during our engineering process.'

It might have done the job to last long enough during the engineering process, but what about out in the wild for weeks, months, years on end?

Today i will insert a piece of felt in the gap.
In two weeks time i will tug slightly at the felt to see it if tight in the gap, meaning further movement has occurred.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #477
built2shred
Phoenix

You need to set up a 24/7 camera so after several months you can play it at high speed to see it lean, that would be pretty cool...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:09 PM   #478
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
You need to set up a 24/7 camera so after several months you can play it at high speed to see it lean, that would be pretty cool...

I have wedged a piece of black felt in the gap. Even it tries to lean it will not be possible. If it wanted to lean, there is always the option of backwards rather than sideways. I will keep an eye on it
Old 10-27-2020, 12:51 AM   #479
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm guessing we'll find out if she's a leaner within the next year or so...maybe sooner for those in certain climates. At least she's got a friend to lean on.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:59 PM   #480
isaac_31f
Fantastic Four

please, can someone tell me the height of this statue? looks tall
isaac_31f is offline   Reply With Quote