Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-20-2020, 09:35 AM   #181
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Both versions look great. Just to be clear, I would prefer the hoverchair version, but am I correct in saying it does not come with a portrait that doesn't have the cerebro helmet on? Seems odd. It has switch out arms but if you use the switch out arms, and have to keep that same portrait with cerebro helmet on, it seems strange.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:07 PM   #182
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Both versions look great. Just to be clear, I would prefer the hoverchair version, but am I correct in saying it does not come with a portrait that doesn't have the cerebro helmet on? Seems odd. It has switch out arms but if you use the switch out arms, and have to keep that same portrait with cerebro helmet on, it seems strange.
Based on the pics, it looks like the hover chair only has a helmeted head sculpt.

I'd go with the wheelchair version personally. More iconic for the character.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:02 PM   #183
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Based on the pics, it looks like the hover chair only has a helmeted head sculpt.

I'd go with the wheelchair version personally. More iconic for the character.
Correct on both accounts!
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:00 PM   #184
Peedi
The Secret Six

Unusual enough, but I’m a Professor X fan. I don’t want to miss this. But I think it’s wheelchair only for me. I really like how it turned out. I can line him up in my Phoenix/Byrne/Cockrum display with Storm PF, new Colossus who’s close enough, Wolverine PJs PF and XM Jean.

If I were to buy a Charles in the big yellow float I’d want it closer to comic accuracy, no weird sideways Cerebro console, and no helmeted portrait. I’d also prefer the 90s beige or green outfit. It popped up randomly in comics but was in all of season 2 in the animated series.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:18 AM   #185
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next Marvel Premium Collectibles series statues, Professor X - Wheel and Hoverchair. He opened his school to mutants everywhere, and the X-Men became the new faculty. This beloved character is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the high quality finish. Don't miss out on adding Professor X to complete your collection!

Charles Francis Xavier was born the son of nuclear researcher Brian Xavier and his wife, Sharon. Following her husband's accidental death, Sharon married Brian's colleague, Kurt Marko. Cain, Kurt's son by a previous marriage, came to live at the Xavier’s Westchester mansion shortly thereafter."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #186
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I finally broke down and po this. When they first announced it I had high hopes since the professor is one of my favorites. When the pics came out I was a little disappointed but this is probably going to be my only chance to get the character in 1/4 for a while so I broke down and po it. I was leaning towards the hover chair but my wife talked me into the wheel chair since that is the original.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:45 PM   #187
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
I finally broke down and po this. When they first announced it I had high hopes since the professor is one of my favorites. When the pics came out I was a little disappointed but this is probably going to be my only chance to get the character in 1/4 for a while so I broke down and po it. I was leaning towards the hover chair but my wife talked me into the wheel chair since that is the original.
Congrats!! Well, your nickname is Professor.. Definitely should get it. Hahaha..

I agree, Professor X will be a rare statue and will be highly sought after since he isn't common in 1/4 statue collecting hobby.. There's not many custom or licensed pieces of him out there.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:49 PM   #188
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
Congrats!! Well, your nickname is Professor.. Definitely should get it. Hahaha..

I agree, Professor X will be a rare statue and will be highly sought after since he isn't common in 1/4 statue collecting hobby.. There's not many custom or licensed pieces of him out there.
Agreed. It seems to be the case with almost every XM X-Men release nowadays...they immediately sell out.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:59 AM   #189
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Offical XM Professor X - Wheelchair 1/4 Statue Assembly Video -

"Charles Francis Xavier was born the son of nuclear researcher Brian Xavier and his wife, Sharon. Following her husband's accidental death, Sharon married Brian's colleague, Kurt Marko. Cain, Kurt's son by a previous marriage, came to live at the Xavier’s Westchester mansion shortly thereafter. A cruel and spiteful boy, he bullied his new stepbrother."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #190
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Aren't his fingers a little low? Shouldn't they be at or above his temple?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote