Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Sask Expo aka Frankencon

Hey all,

I just got back from the inaugural Saskatchewan Entertainment Expo this weekend. This was Saskatchewan's first "real" con. I had a BLAST. Before I share any art, I gotta say, our own Byron Hamm (aka Wookie) was one of the main guys behind this convention and I gotta give the man insane levels of credit for what he was able to put together. I did not hear one negative comment from guests and fans alike. It was also great hangin out and talkin art with you buddy...again Thanks for making this past weekend awesome!!

And now to the art:

Riley Rossmo - Punisher vs Freddy vs Jason

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...36&GSub=149079

This was the piece that kicked off the whole Frankencastle theme for the weekend. I thought Riley would kill it, he did, end of story. Love that guy.

Riley Rossmo - G.I. Joe - Cobra Files #6 Variant Cover

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...42&GSub=149079

I won this in the charity auction. My first cover, couldn't be happier. Riley's one of my absolute favorite artists.

Chris Uminga - Frankencastle

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...?Piece=1052444

Set up through our own Bob Shaw pre-con. Turned out incredible.....as does everything by Chris. Thanks for the help Bob!

Johnnie Christmas - Frankencastle

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...45&GSub=149079

Current "Sheltered" artist and all-round cool guy. Sheltered is a very cool book and it's written by 2 western Canadians...doesn't get much cooler.

Tyler Jenkins - Frankencastle

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...?Piece=1052447

Another Western Canadian artist who's gaining prominence with "Peter Panzerfaust". Had a great time chatting with Tyler and love the piece.

Also, on a surprising note - EBAS was in attendance and has started on a copic piece for me....my first EBAS copic. I have a wip, but I'm going to wait until completion before I post it. I actually spent most of the con hangin out with Eric, Dawn (McTeigue), and Sabine (Rich). Great group of artists and were a blast to hang out with. They also couldn't believe how well the organizers and the city of Saskatoon treated them. Again, thanks Byron, you did an amazing job!

*Sorry for the links, I'll upload pics soon, having file issues.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

congrats on a great haul for a small show. looks you went franken nuts! the uminga really pops.

saw the wip of the ebas and it looks like its going to be a knockout!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Nice haul!
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Great haul, the Chris Uminga piece is awesome!
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Hey Cam, it was a blast visiting with you at the con, and thank you so much for the compliments on the show. Truth be told, the real credit goes to Chris Bernhard and Mike Jordan who took the initiative and did what we all had been talking about for years around here. Those two fellows deserve the real credit.

As for the con, it was a success beyond our expectation, enough so that 2014 will be a go and our early plans are to expand the show, as expected. We have a few aces up our sleeves now that the first con was a success!

As for the art, well, I have to say the Uminga piece stands out to me. Chris's choice of colors for this piece along with the touch of background really set this one off! The GI Joe cover, well you and I both know you practically stole that one! Let's just say that if it wasn't you bidding on that one, I would have grabbed it!
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Very nice haul! Lot's of Frankencastle goodness there! Really dig that Uminga piece! Congrats!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote