Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-07-2015, 03:20 AM   #1
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

broken statues?

I always have the impression that a statue inside its protection styrofom and outer box even if dropped will not break so easily.

I always have the suspicion that those shipped broken statues were originally broken to begin with. And the seller shipped it anyway.

Sometimes you see shipped broken statues with broken parts that looks strange broken. Like broken fingers of a statues etc. If it is inside a styrofom protection and outer box and dropped, I do not think the fingers would break so easily.

What are your views on this?

One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:37 AM   #2
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Depends on pressure as well but as you mentioned about the styrofom boxes, i always handled my bought package with care. But then one day i had to go to the storage area to get my iMac as they had none in store atm. The guy literally just threw the box off the other stacked ones about 3 feet from the ground. Bam! I was like wtf....he said dont worry thats why these boxes have styrofoam inside to protect it.

While im still sceptical, it makes sense. These are mass amounts of boxes that need to be moved on a daily basis. They dont have time to handle it with care using 2 fingers only. This stuff gets thrown around like a pinata but guess thats why they design this the way they do to keep the insides from moving.
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote