Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-18-2016, 11:58 PM   #1
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

DC Superheroes: Green Lantern Bust by Jim Lee

From DC's Facebook page. The next bust in the DC Superheroes Jim Lee designed line. I'm very happy to see this one, and am hoping Jim will finish the New 52 Justice League set by doing Aquaman next.

Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
rykerw1701
Justice League

I know it's completely a matter of taste, but I like my busts to be the more traditional, no arms sort like Bowman did with the Marvel license at the beginning. Otherwise they look like half statues to me. Granted, the arms give the artist more to do with the sculpt, but I just don't like the look.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:02 AM   #3
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I PO'd this one. I think it'll go nicely with some other GL things I'm hunting down.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:57 PM   #4
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Definitely want this one and the Jim Lee Aquaman as well. Hopefully I can figure out a way to get them. I'd also love to see Jim do designs for Mera, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and Hawkgirl, for this line.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:11 PM   #5
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Definitely want this one and the Jim Lee Aquaman as well. Hopefully I can figure out a way to get them. I'd also love to see Jim do designs for Mera, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and Hawkgirl, for this line.
The Lee Aquaman bust looks amazing.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:01 AM   #6
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
The Lee Aquaman bust looks amazing.
Agreed. It was the one I was waiting for the most in the Justice League, and it looks like it turned out just incredible!
Old 07-03-2016, 11:19 AM   #7
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Agreed. It was the one I was waiting for the most in the Justice League, and it looks like it turned out just incredible!
Without a doubt. The pose is perfect on him and this is easily the very best Aquaman portrait I have ever seen on ANY statue. The whole bust looks fantastic but the portrait puts this piece way over the top for me personally. I have the sideshow Aquaman PF on PO and I like the way it looks overall. However, I do wish that his clean shaven portrait looked as good as this bust does. The PF portrait falls short when compared to the bust IMO.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:50 PM   #8
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Without a doubt. The pose is perfect on him and this is easily the very best Aquaman portrait I have ever seen on ANY statue. The whole bust looks fantastic but the portrait puts this piece way over the top for me personally. I have the sideshow Aquaman PF on PO and I like the way it looks overall. However, I do wish that his clean shaven portrait looked as good as this bust does. The PF portrait falls short when compared to the bust IMO.
I think so as well...the best looking Aquaman sculpt on the market so far IMO...
Old 12-05-2016, 11:17 PM   #9
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I saw this GL bust today, and the paint-up is light's out for a pre-paint. The pose is unique, but it's very dynamic! I really loved the looks of this one! I'd love to have one if I could scrape up enough pennies.