Thank you friend!
thirdhandmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:26 PM   #53
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdhandmaker View Post
Thank you friend!
np, I thought about hopping on as like I said previously I was quite happy with H.M.O's efforts but some things I didn't agree with stopped me. The backstory seems kinda neat, but it felt like a bit too much at once. I know that's kinda forced because you may not have any other vehicle for delivery (unless this is planned some comics, vn, or a book or something). And also in large part to "I don't want to start another line!" :P But the detail is great, there certainly was good effort put into the backstory for those interested, and a very low ES makes it very attractive!
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:35 PM   #54
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I jumped on this preorder as soon as I could for similar reasons to your dislike. This company and world were created by people I respect. The backstory given in the teases is minor compared to what HMO will delve in to while writing the comics and books. This line I did not hesitate to jump in to because there will likely be no revisit, no "different version of Ren", and they have a clear idea in mind.

To me, I cancelled my SS Ninja Turtles orders because as you can see, this guys will be continually revisited. But this line is something unique and amazing. I can only speak for myself, but I am as excited to get this statue as I was when I bought my very first statue
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:54 PM   #55
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Congrats on such a quick sell out! I wasn't able to order Ren, but I hope to order something from this line in the future. I love the concept and the character designs so far.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:51 PM   #56
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I jumped on this preorder as soon as I could for similar reasons to your dislike. This company and world were created by people I respect. The backstory given in the teases is minor compared to what HMO will delve in to while writing the comics and books. This line I did not hesitate to jump in to because there will likely be no revisit, no "different version of Ren", and they have a clear idea in mind.
Even if it's minor and they plan to explain more in the books that's even "more" to much. In my opinion. For example most things would just start out with the setting of the world, explain they are hunters etc. But leave out the part about her finding out it's the queen etc is stuff that would be like a surprise in the story. It just felt like it was more than the hook. Most of it though is that I just don't want to start yet another line, it's a lot already :P I hope they expand more though with books and comics, that would be really neat.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:29 PM   #57
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Even if it's minor and they plan to explain more in the books that's even "more" to much. In my opinion. For example most things would just start out with the setting of the world, explain they are hunters etc. But leave out the part about her finding out it's the queen etc is stuff that would be like a surprise in the story. It just felt like it was more than the hook. Most of it though is that I just don't want to start yet another line, it's a lot already :P I hope they expand more though with books and comics, that would be really neat.
You are assuming that's the big twist. What if that's the issue one twist. The the deeper twist is just how far the queen is going? Or what if you find out someone good is actually bad? There are any number of classic twists that would still make an amazing story.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:32 PM   #58
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
You are assuming that's the big twist. What if that's the issue one twist. The the deeper twist is just how far the queen is going? Or what if you find out someone good is actually bad? There are any number of classic twists that would still make an amazing story.
Even if there are other twists I feel like it was a bit too much. You can have more than one twist! Essentially it doesn't really feel like an origin story as a lot was already revealed, even if all of that ends up being wrong or changed.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:58 PM   #59
savage.CAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Even if there are other twists I feel like it was a bit too much. You can have more than one twist! Essentially it doesn't really feel like an origin story as a lot was already revealed, even if all of that ends up being wrong or changed.
Guess we can just chalk it up to liking different things...

I can't wait for the statue and the ensuing stories. Good stories are based on multiple plot points, not just one twist.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:42 PM   #60
dao2
Cyclops

I just said you could have more than one twist :P