Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-30-2016, 07:52 PM   #271
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I can see this statue going up in value if it already hasn't especially if the comics take off, on a side note i've been watching arahom's comix videos, always like hearing the thought process that goes on behind the creation and story of the characters.
Have you read any of them?
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:27 PM   #272
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Have you read any of them?
Only the previews on comixology lol. Do you know if this is a universe that Arh is creating similar to DC/Marvel where characters/new books will continually be created or is it more of a limited universe primarly to support the statues?
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:19 PM   #273
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Her head being turned at an angle obscures it a little, but the eyes still look a little wonky to me.
Better than the previous pics but not great still.
maybe, but she's essentially looking to the left. looked fine to me on mine in person
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:15 PM   #274
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Only the previews on comixology lol. Do you know if this is a universe that Arh is creating similar to DC/Marvel where characters/new books will continually be created or is it more of a limited universe primarly to support the statues?
Judging from the video interviews, Arahom is very empassioned about the comics and from his focus on the statues that seem to heavily support the comic characters. I think they are creating a universe, especially with Arhian... They have her sister coming out in her own comic (also supported by a statue) and there is talk about a huge war she is going to be involved in and have hinted that Arkhalla will be playing a role in that story.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:04 PM   #275
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Be careful where you place her. As someone else stated, she just sits on the base. The base has a very slick surface so she can easily slide. I had a spot for her but walking nearby shook her more than I wanted so now she is in search of a new home.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:07 AM   #276
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
maybe, but she's essentially looking to the left. looked fine to me on mine in person
Well thats all that matters, dude!
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:04 PM   #277
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I just got off the phone with Spencer and I asked him about the foam. He never seems to know anything about what's going. So either Arahom doesn't tell him anything or he just doesn't like to share info with me! Haley told me all sorts of stuff!!!

Anyway, he knows nothing about the foam, why or if it's different... I asked him if it was because they were sitting in China for a bit and he told me Arahom doesn't tell him what's going on in China

Maybe he's just crabby from lifting and shipping boxes all day... So, not to be deterred, I think I'll look things up on Facebook and ask Arahom there. I have to word the question right though or I really will be waiting forever for my statue! Lol!!!
Poking the sleeping bear, eh? This is probably why you're still waiting for your statues to ship.

I think he already explained a while ago in his infamous FB post. According to that, underperforming statues (e.g. Frazetta) could not qualify to have better quality styro from the factory. I guess you have to have a qualifying amount of orders to earn the better stuff and still make a profit. I have no idea about the inner workings of the statue business or Chinese factories, but that's just my understanding from his post.

What I do know is based on the non-Frazetta pieces I received so far, they seem to support what he posted. I know Arkhalla was super popular at NYCC and on these forums at least. I'm betting her sales more than qualified for better styro. If I recall, I also think Leonidas sold out in a day or two. Both of them seemed to be packed in better stuff than either my DD3 or Virgin pieces.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:10 PM   #278
The13thWarlock

What was the reason the Frazetta stuff was delayed so long again? I forget now. Was it ever really explained or was it just "factory issues". I'm really thinking these things were done line a year ago and sitting in the China factory waiting for something...
Old 08-31-2016, 06:00 PM   #279
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Be careful where you place her. As someone else stated, she just sits on the base. The base has a very slick surface so she can easily slide. I had a spot for her but walking nearby shook her more than I wanted so now she is in search of a new home.
Museum putty should take care of that.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:37 PM   #280
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Museum putty should take care of that.
I have some, but I only like to use it in areas I wouldn't consider ever visible. Using it on her knee and feet bother me as no putty is 100% grease free.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote