Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 01-25-2008, 01:06 AM   #11
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah I don't know much about the more vintage stuff, but I was a pretty hardcore DC Direct collector for quite a few years, only recently stopped myself as I found my taste drifting more and more to fewer higher end pieces. I dig the figs, but it's easy to reach that saturation point where you're forced to re-evaluate what you've got and what you buy. Especially with so much quality stuff out there these days. Simplifying your collection can actually be quite refreshing, just be sure you're not gonna miss any of these pieces once they're gone.

Personally that's why I tend to pack things away for a while first, if I don't miss them or get the urge to dig 'em back out again then someone else may as well get some enjoyment from them.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:13 AM   #12
superash
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Well I figured I would put some of it up for sale, see what happens, and if not much did happen.....I would just leave them were they are.

I also have a nefew that is really getting into super heros. The only thing about giving him my figures is.............he would want to play with them and then they would be worth nothing.
I started collecting all the diecast cars from the movie cars for him. I have spent a good amount of money on him for them, but I still have them cause his parents don't think he could handle having them on a shelf. LOL that is ok though, I kind of got into the chase of getting all the cars too.
superash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:33 AM   #13
Sledge Hammer!

Yeah, most DC Direct stuff wouldn't last too long in a kid's hand, the joints are often way too brittle to stand up to regular kids play in my opinion. They really are more display than play pieces.

The new DC Superheroes line from mattel looks like pretty perfect for kids to play with, lots of great characters coming down the line for that too.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:08 AM   #14
superash
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm just happy I can get him into this hobby......just the cheap side of it for now though. He isn't going to be playing with the cyborg figure that I see goes for over $150!!
superash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:27 AM   #15
Sledge Hammer!

Yeah if you've got Cyborg Supes that sucker goes for a fortune (got one myself, great figure)...of course the danger with DC Direct now is that a lot of figures are getting re-released, so if Cyborg Supes ever does then the worth of him will plummet, just like it did for the Kingdom Come Superman and Batman figures, who used to be worth a fortune, but were re-released not too long ago, killing the original release figs value online. Still, such is life I guess.