Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #41
moon_knight1971
Rescue

looks decent but for the price its got a very simple paint job...this would "pop" so much more with proper shading
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:42 AM   #42
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios
QUEEN STUDIOS THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN SPIDER-VERSE TRIO 1/4 STATUE IMPROVEMENT

Queen Studios want to say a big thank you for your support and feedback on the Spider-Verse Trio 1/4 statue.

So far the reviews have been mixed, mostly because of the base design. After taking this feedback into consideration, we will review additional changes and notify you with our final decision.

In the meantime, we have decided to add a new light-up feature inside of the base to create glowing effect for the smoke and flames. This should offer a new dynamic to the statue which we hope will make you think gee-whiz, instead of Cheez Whiz!
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #43
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Ordered. Some statues are no-brainers. This is one of them. Especially with the fact that Queen Studios is listening so closely to feedback and has already made the base light up
worstgamerever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:55 AM   #44
Hannibal10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
This looks WAY better. If they showed this off first it would've been a no-brainer. I'm cautious that they're only "considering" adding more shading though. Wonder when they will let us know...
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:10 PM   #45
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I love the individual sculpts on this. I wish they'd make 1/4 statues for each character. I can't believe Spider-Gwen hasn't gotten more love in this hobby. She's a female character with a cool costume so it seems like a no-brainer.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:04 PM   #46
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I love the individual sculpts on this. I wish they'd make 1/4 statues for each character. I can't believe Spider-Gwen hasn't gotten more love in this hobby. She's a female character with a cool costume so it seems like a no-brainer.
It's probably because she's not showing more skin.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:20 PM   #47
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
I don’t know. For a character that just debuted in 2014 I think she’s gotten a lot of attention. XM 1/4, Diamon 1/2 bust, Sideshow 1/5, and numerous smaller scale statues, mostly from the movie. She just needs a Sideshow PF.

Queen Studios’ Marvel license may not allow for individual 1/4 characters. I don’t know. But there’s already a lot of regular costume Spider-Man 1/4 statues already. If QS can do individual 1/4 statues I’d rather them do some other costume or versions of Spider-Man other than the same costume we’ve seen plenty of times at this point.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:26 PM   #48
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
This looks WAY better. If they showed this off first it would've been a no-brainer. I'm cautious that they're only "considering" adding more shading though. Wonder when they will let us know...
What is the difference between that render and the sculpt as shown? Aside from the brighter blue on Peter and Miles’ silver eyes?

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #49
Hannibal10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
What is the difference between that render and the sculpt as shown? Aside from the brighter blue on Peter and Miles’ silver eyes?

The explosion has some shading vs the sculpt shown which is the same orange color throughout.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:55 PM   #50
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
There have been a few statues, not too bad for a six and a half year old character. Fantastic costume design, I'd like to see more too.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote