Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-13-2017, 02:33 PM   #31
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuehunter117 View Post
yeah liu kang lol, reason he is available cause many collectors got out of the classic line due to delays and missing so many key characters
Agreed and I'll add mixed media on Jade kitana raiden were not what was advertised. You can make MAYBE make an argument for raiden but there is no lighting bad camera excuse for the 2 girls. It's just night and day cloth wise from proto.

Add in the wait and mk not being as popular as sf you got a franchise deep in trouble.

Had pcs deleivered on time, made production close to proto they would not be in this problem.

I honestly don't even know if this reboot will work I think mk has scattered in the wind.

As far as lui kang their is no excuse for fabric or delay or whatever he's just an awful done statue end of story. That face holy S@it. Also the way the batteries are set up. Hands down one of the worse pcs products ever produced. I don't think we should even talk about kang let's just forget this dark era in collecting.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #32
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I have seen it with collector action figure lines that when a franchise is in its death throes, any appeal to save the line by buying this one new product, it never saves the line.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #33
qz33
Doctor Doom

But still this looks like an awesome Raiden statue so far!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:16 PM   #34
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I think it's a bit of an insult to fellow PCS collectors of other MK lines, to start a new line when you have made no indication as to what the future holds for the other lines. As a company with a huge collectorbase, I think you owe buyers of an unfinished line at least so sort of statement regarding a lines future, before starting a new line altogether.

It's clear as day that collectors want the MK Klassic line to continue for one thing, with candidates like Kitana, and Sonya being at the forefront of requests. I don't understand why a new MK line would start when this line so desperately needs completing, or at least the core characters sculpted.

With all due respect, I'll ask a simple question PCS:

Is the MK Klassic line dead ie/ no more planned after the cyborgs, YES or NO?
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:32 PM   #35
Redsaleen
Justice League

If the sales of the last 3 preorders was bad with one being the very popular cyborgs, why would you invest assests in something you won’t profit from.
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #36
red_ant
Producer
Producer

The other lines are not dead. We still haven’t done Sonja or Jax or Tremor for example.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:10 PM   #37
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think a visual checklist like the one posted on IG for the Ultra line would help give some collectors confidence in the klassic line.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #38
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
I think a visual checklist like the one posted on IG for the Ultra line would help give some collectors confidence in the klassic line.
Agreed. We’ll put something together.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:24 PM   #39
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Agreed. We’ll put something together.
Whoever did that SF Ultra picture did a good job.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:35 AM   #40
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The Klassic line did produce 14 statues, thats waaaay more than most lines get from anyone else like sideshow.

Klassic has been given way more love than the MK9 line and MKX line with only 9 statues between them in the same amount of time.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote