Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Arhian, Head Huntress II - "City of Horrors"

I couldn't find a thread on this so apologies if it's a double post.

With all the hype/drama surrounding Frazetta's Barbarian this week, I think this piece kinda got lost in the shuffle. Some new pics and info from Facebook last week:

"Here is also ARHIAN "City of Horrors" which is the title of the second chapter of her Graphic Novel. You will see that she wears this exact outfit with the cape and hood on the Graphic Novel, which is pretty cool!

The statue was totally painted by Arahom Radjah, and sculpted by Arahom and Ehren over a previous work done by Alex Pereira.

The statue features a removable magnetic top and will be up for pre-orders this weekend. ONLY the EX edition sold through the ARH website will come with the second head with no hood.

Also, the heads on the base are removable, and you can choose to display her with or without the heads, including the one she is holding."

They didn't mention it above, but the axe and sword also appear to be switch-out. I think she looks really damn good. The texture on the leather armor and ornate patterns on the plate parts came out nicely. I absolutely LOVE the wolf cloak. Very nice texture and it hangs very naturally. The original cloak shown in the video series was fantastic but I get why they had to revise it a bit. I think the new design came out very well done.

The additional heads on the base are definitely something new that wasn't shown before I think. Very cool and I like having the option to remove them. The base design looks very detailed and colorful. The autumn leaves, tree roots, and skulls are a nice touch.

The only thing I might have changed is perhaps dirtying or bloodying her up a bit. Maybe some scratches or cuts. She looks a bit too clean after a day of lopping heads off.

Overall though, I'm really liking this piece. I love my badass fantasy warrior women and with the amount of display options this statue brings, I'm definitely going to be planning to pick her up.

Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #2
Marcel54
Hellboy

Looks good to me.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #3
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

I don't know...something is off regarding the unmasked her. Her left eye looks really weird.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:49 PM   #4
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Beautiful. Sold!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #5
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I don't know...something is off regarding the unmasked her. Her left eye looks really weird.
Now that you point it out...
Her right eye ( I think you meant right) looks smaller than her left.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:05 PM   #6
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Put me down as a maybe. Depends on what else is coming out at the same time and what the price on it is going to be.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:25 AM   #7
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Damn man, loving the dark fantasy from ARH. Really making me consider jumping on their stuff, but would need it's own corner since it is so different.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:56 PM   #8
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Looks good overall. But too small boobs what I dont prefer. Also the 2nd head is absolutely not my style (too broad face; anyway unimportant for me, as I like the hooded one).
Looks a bit too much like Kirsten Dunst. And Dunst is not really a top notch beauty in my eyes. Just too average. A darker base wouldve been a plus , too.
Anyway just pricing makes me not getting this. There is just few 1/4-scale-space left on my cubes and I have to be picky therefore, on which statue I will spend so damn much money.
But its one of the better statues lately. Great pose she has.
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:50 PM   #9
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Excellent statue, except for the eyes!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:34 AM   #10
Agoniste111
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
Looks good overall. But too small boobs what I dont prefer. Also the 2nd head is absolutely not my style (too broad face; anyway unimportant for me, as I like the hooded one).
Looks a bit too much like Kirsten Dunst. And Dunst is not really a top notch beauty in my eyes. Just too average. A darker base wouldve been a plus , too.
Anyway just pricing makes me not getting this. There is just few 1/4-scale-space left on my cubes and I have to be picky therefore, on which statue I will spend so damn much money.
But its one of the better statues lately. Great pose she has.

Kirsten Dunst is beautiful
Agoniste111 is offline   Reply With Quote