Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #1011
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
I just hope less monster parts on the base, more environment. But I'm 120% sure that whatever is on the base, I will still buy it anyway because Im weak.
Agreed. I think the design choice to do monster bases for all the characters was poor. In particular, Triss and Yen should have had something other than monsters. Geralt makes sense, Ciri to an extant. Eredin's is probably my favorite.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #1012
Jinx59
Doh!

1/4 it's to big and to expensive. They tease Geralt on bear Armor few month ago no?
Jinx59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #1013
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx59 View Post
1/4 it's to big and to expensive. They tease Geralt on bear Armor few month ago no?
No, it's always been this Undvik armor. Prime1 is known for large pieces 1/3 to 1/2 scale pieces. I doubt they'll ever go smaller than 1/4 on any line.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:19 PM   #1014
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

i still dont even have the first release geralt, waiting on sideshow and now they tease another version
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:41 PM   #1015
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Bummed this is not a 1/3 scale...
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:07 PM   #1016
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Bummed this is not a 1/3 scale...
I know a lot of folks were bummed as well. Apparently its an effort to keep the statue more affordable according to some of the moderator info in the P1 FB group.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #1017
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
I just hope less monster parts on the base, more environment. But I'm 120% sure that whatever is on the base, I will still buy it anyway because Im weak.
I hear you on the base thing. I'm thinking of either returning my Geralt or trying to sell him and DKR Batman. I'm quickly getting tired of these massive Prime 1 bases. Plus, if they are going to keep doing 1/4 versions of the characters, then I don't want to pay for any until the line is finished and I can decide which version I like more.

It's just frustrating trying to find a place for these Prime 1 statues, only for them to not fit just because of their base. The bases are cool, but I do wish they would sell their statues with a simple base variant maybe with a low edition size or something.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #1018
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I hear you on the base thing. I'm thinking of either returning my Geralt or trying to sell him and DKR Batman. I'm quickly getting tired of these massive Prime 1 bases. Plus, if they are going to keep doing 1/4 versions of the characters, then I don't want to pay for any until the line is finished and I can decide which version I like more.

It's just frustrating trying to find a place for these Prime 1 statues, only for them to not fit just because of their base. The bases are cool, but I do wish they would sell their statues with a simple base variant maybe with a low edition size or something.
I agree on an offering of a simpler base if possible. I've always wondering how hard it would be for someone to one off a simple base for say, the Triss statue. Or at least how much something like that would run.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #1019
Jinx59
Doh!

Look at this:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XwV03
This guy is good.
Jinx59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:51 PM   #1020
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post

Yep, totally agree. The bases are nice, but unnecessary and annoyingly big. It really limits ability to display and is a huge space killer. I’d rather have a smaller, simpler base that takes up less space, and even then, you have to think that the base is part of the price of the statue.

I’m also kind of annoyed that they are doing different versions of the same character. I know Geralt and friends wear a lot of different armours, but I’d rather know what we are going to get first so I can make an informed decision on what I want. With that being said, my favourite armour is Ursine. I bought the first version of Geralt, and now I kind of like this new armour better.

I’m probably going to cancel Yen when she is inevitably delayed.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote