Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-04-2018, 06:42 PM   #41
slynger
Hellboy

Just watched Radd Titan’s muted video of this (thought that was kind of funny) and, I must say, it’s growing on me. Question, the emblem on the cape was present, but just outlined, I'm assuming it will be painted? Does anyone know?
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #42
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Best pic of this piece that I’ve seen so far, but still not sure if I need it. His expression is so blank, I can’t tell if he’s facing off against Braniac or waiting impatiently for his pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks...

Nice, but I still like Tweeterheads version of him, which is the classic version
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:21 PM   #43
off
The X-Men

Where are the red undies?
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #44
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Meh tweeterhead 1/6 Superman is superior.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:31 PM   #45
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm getting both but that's because they're on different ends of the collecting spectrum, XM is more realistic, Tweerhead is more cartoonish...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #46
Eltjar
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Damn, this piece is really growing on me! When i first saw him (on a slightly blurry STGCC pic), it was "hate at first sight".
But the more i see of him, with hires close up shots, the more i love him (still with exception of the suit).

If it weren't for the Rebirth outfit, this would be a first day PO... but i might get him anyway, since the sculpt is really beautiful.

As Built already said, its the perfect counterpiece to the TH Supes, in terms of "realism" (which i already have on PO).

Not the sheer (but subtle) power, the P1 Hush Sperman emanates, but still not to shabby...
Eltjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #47
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm getting both but that's because they're on different ends of the collecting spectrum, XM is more realistic, Tweerhead is more cartoonish...
Yep, I think both lines and am happy they went very different directions. I just hope XM line can go for a while to get outside of the top ten characters we are use to seeing.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:07 AM   #48
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yep, I think both lines and am happy they went very different directions. I just hope XM line can go for a while to get outside of the top ten characters we are use to seeing.
With the MTO and this scale it has a chance. But really collectors always say they want off the beaten path characters. Then they get made. Then they don't sell.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #49
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
With the MTO and this scale it has a chance. But really collectors always say they want off the beaten path characters. Then they get made. Then they don't sell.
I understand, that's why I make a point to buy them, such as pre-ordering upcoming Donna Troy from Tweeterhead.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:04 PM   #50
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I feel the MTO model is very Bowen-esque that lesser known characters can be made and still be profitable. Nobody can deny that Bowen made a ton of niche characters and people scooped them up. At 1:4 and 1:3 lesser popular characters won't sell, but at 1:6 they will.

And if XM does them in modern with all their swap-outs, while Tweeterhead does a comic vibe - I will gladly buy from both companies.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote