Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-21-2018, 04:20 AM   #1
ghettodactyl
Frackin!

How often have you canceled a Preorder?

I recently had Prime 1 1/3 scale hush Batman, Hush Superman, Hush Poison Ivy, Hush Huntress, 1/3 scale Wonder Woman on Horse, and Doomsday all on preorder. However about two weeks ago I ended up canceling all but the Wonder Woman on Horse preorders in order to make a single massive collectible purchase instead. I’m also still semi tempted to cancel my Wonder Woman preorder. I really do like the piece even though the price is high and it would look better with sculpted horse hair. Still I think it would look nice in the living room on display so I haven’t canceled the order yet. If I do cancel I’m probably going to get the new master collection lord of the rings Tree Beard from weta workshop instead once it comes out to be preordered.

I was just wondering how many of you get into a preordering frenzy and end up canceling later on for something else that comes along?
ghettodactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:41 AM   #2
Glencairn
The Spirit

I have learned not to preorder Prime 1, these statues are just too large and expensive to make that kind of decisions when wait time is 2+ years, anything can happen during that time.
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:37 AM   #3
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettodactyl View Post
I recently had Prime 1 1/3 scale hush Batman, Hush Superman, Hush Poison Ivy, Hush Huntress, 1/3 scale Wonder Woman on Horse, and Doomsday all on preorder. However about two weeks ago I ended up canceling all but the Wonder Woman on Horse preorders in order to make a single massive collectible purchase instead. I’m also still semi tempted to cancel my Wonder Woman preorder. I really do like the piece even though the price is high and it would look better with sculpted horse hair. Still I think it would look nice in the living room on display so I haven’t canceled the order yet. If I do cancel I’m probably going to get the new master collection lord of the rings Tree Beard from weta workshop instead once it comes out to be preordered.

I was just wondering how many of you get into a preordering frenzy and end up canceling later on for something else that comes along?
at start i did not expect that p1 would go so much deep into berserk, i was expecting 3-5 statues of the main characters and thats it, after i saw that they were pumping out monsters i focused on it by cancelling some pieces and selling others.
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #4
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I have Hush Superman and New 52 Batman on preorder, but I'm starting to debate cancelling them. I think they are absolutely wonderful, but the size of both of them is just so big. They both will look somewhat out of place in my collection. I think the superman just looks perfect and won't be matched for a long while, but the practicality of size/space/money/and being a single 1/3 piece in a collection of 1/4 all the way down to 1/12 might look odd. I'm most 'upset' about the New 52 Batman. It's absolutely perfect except in just how deep and wide (especially deep) it is. I wanted to use it as my Batman to go with the SS DC 1/4, but it's TWICE as wide and deep as most of those. Plus right now it seems like so many choices are coming out. Tweeterhead/XM 1/6 /P1 1/4 and 1/3/SS PF/SS Animated, they all look great. I'm just going to pull the reigns back on preordering in general so I don't end up losing $100's of NRD's.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #5
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I have yet to get a 1/3 statue, but I would love to own many of them. For me these are too big to collect. If I get a 1/3 it will be one or max two. I have yet to see the one that will be a focal point.

I only have a GI Joe Scarlett on order from Prime 1 that's my first foray into their collections.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #6
Nyxs
The Avengers

Had to cancel my Hush poison ivy because of space issues as well. That was my first 1/3 preorder from P1. That Mera statue looks sweet though.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #7
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I cancel stuff all the time, I'm a very indecisive person. I fell in the newbie trap like so many have stated. Room is my biggest issue and I've had to learn to focus on a few lines instead of everything I want.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #8
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I've learned in my young collecting career some things. You have to be sure you want this piece for the long haul. P1 pieces may take up to 18 months to release. Alot of reveals by all companies will be made in that time. You really gotta love it. Losing that NRD hurts and really adds up. You pay for being indecisive. Wait lists can be your friend. No NRD and it gives you more time to mull. But it is a gamble of course. I really think companies need to look at how they do NRD's. Would it be terrible if you allowed the customer to switch the money to another statue say 1 time? Or issue a gift card for cancellations that must be used within a year? Or give a bigger cancellation window? I really have started to risk missing out while I make for certain this is the statue I want for the long run in my collection.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:20 AM   #9
Augen
Metal Men

I haven't yet, but I think I limiting my options the way I do keeps me from going too crazy buying pieces for the sake of it.

I would guess in a few years space issue people talk about will become more of a problem and canceling, passing, or selling may come into the picture.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Only cancelled that Sideshow Gal Gadot WW so far
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote