Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-15-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Figurama at Wonder Festival (Winter) 2018

Anyone here planning to be there?

I will be there covering the Figurama booth, as well as general event coverage.

The event takes place February 18th.

If you have any specific questions for Figurama about their current or upcoming statues, list them here and I can try to get answers for you.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:16 PM   #2
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

I’ll be in Taiwan. Thought about going but there’s only a few kits I’m interested in and I can probably snag them on YJA
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #3
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

See if you can get a picture of the new Vash head, hints about new licenses always good too
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
Bmutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
See if you can get a picture of the new Vash head, hints about new licenses always good too
Will do.

Anyone have questions about their current licenses: Ragnarok Thor, Apocalypse of Devilman, Trigun, Hellsing, or Tokyo Ghoul?
Old 01-18-2018, 12:11 PM   #5
joerock
U talkin' to me?

Hello, if you have time, could you look and see if Velocitron has a booth? They make vinyl figures. I’ve been trying to scoop up there Berserk Incubus figures. There usually WonderFest exclusives

joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #6
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Hey Kris, caught your pics on facebook- they look amazing! Was curious what was up with the scale on Alucard? Did the floor piece look larger than 1/4? A lot of people are thinking the production piece if downscaled will be 1/6...
Old 02-23-2018, 01:43 PM   #7
Bmutha

Quote:
Hey Kris, caught your pics on facebook- they look amazing! Was curious what was up with the scale on Alucard? Did the floor piece look larger than 1/4? A lot of people are thinking the production piece if downscaled will be 1/6...
The piece on display was 1/4 scale. Figurama quickly realized that it simply would not be practical for collectors to have a statue that big (it was gigantic). So, the final piece will be downscaled...the exact final scale is not known, but will likely be in the 1/6 to 1/5 range.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #8
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

yikes, kind of bad news to change it after the preorder. It was announced at 1/4 scale and I think a lot of people were thinking they made a larger piece for WF so it would be more visible. $850 seems pretty high for 1/6 and 1/5. Their last 1/6 piece was under $500. If they did that to Vash I would cry.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #9
Bmutha

Quote:
yikes, kind of bad news to change it after the preorder. It was announced at 1/4 scale and I think a lot of people were thinking they made a larger piece for WF so it would be more visible. $850 seems pretty high for 1/6 and 1/5. Their last 1/6 piece was under $500. If they did that to Vash I would cry.
They didn't change it after preorder. They were up front from the beginning that the actual piece would be 67 cm tall. The piece on display at WF was 91 cm tall.

This piece will be much larger and much more detailed and complex than the Ragnarok Thor. There are 8 soldiers plus Alucard, plus the hound. It will be huge and probably totally worth the $845.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #10
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

That's my problem with Alucard, he's not featured prominently enough, they did such a good job on Devilman/Amon and Vash in 1/4 where they both look epic but the character(s) are the main attraction.

No doubt what's going on on Alucard is impressive but i wanted a prominent 1/4 statue of Alucard with a hyper detailed base, not a hyper detailed base with a 1/6 Alucard somewhere in there....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote