Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-27-2017, 04:15 PM   #81
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I, too, don't think they would be watered down. My main concern is not being able to continue watching the great stories that I've already invested time in. I won't be getting Disney streaming. It's not gonna happen.

If anything the move just frees up more time to watch other Netflix programming I haven't had time to watch.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #82
joerock
U talkin' to me?

So you think Disney will give the ok for the main character to gut a villain then proceed to kill him by sticking his thumbs in his eye sockets? Sure it was extreme, but the way the story played out till that point, well deserved. I’m talking just about the Punisher, not the other shows
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:24 PM   #83
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerock View Post
So you think Disney will give the ok for the main character to gut a villain then proceed to kill him by sticking his thumbs in his eye sockets? Sure it was extreme, but the way the story played out till that point, well deserved. I’m talking just about the Punisher, not the other shows
Nope, if it has the Disney label ... it will be missing the Netflix edge IMO

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:16 PM   #84
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

I'd think Disney would not pull a bait-and-switch with these Netflix TV series, neutering what gave them such strong appeal in the first place.

As for airing adult fare on a Disney streaming service, create a sub-channel for them and make all those old Touchstone films Disney owns available too. They certainly could use the additional content to make subscribing more appealing.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:11 AM   #85
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Well okay there's two sides to it.

The team that is doing the Netflix show's is the same team that does all the Marvel Shows headed by Jeph Loeb. So there's something to be said for the tonality staying the same even if it's moved to a Disney Streaming service.

That said, these shows are on Netflix, so the Disney branding isn't prominent. If it get's moved to a Disney steaming services the the real question is will Disney demand that the team that's been doing oh so well tone it down just because it's a Disney branded network?

So there's both sides but we won't know which is going to happen until it happens.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:50 AM   #86
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Well okay there's two sides to it.

The team that is doing the Netflix show's is the same team that does all the Marvel Shows headed by Jeph Loeb. So there's something to be said for the tonality staying the same even if it's moved to a Disney Streaming service.

That said, these shows are on Netflix, so the Disney branding isn't prominent. If it get's moved to a Disney steaming services the the real question is will Disney demand that the team that's been doing oh so well tone it down just because it's a Disney branded network?

So there's both sides but we won't know which is going to happen until it happens.
I agree and I feel there is a good chance these series will move more toward the AoS vibe than what is currently on Netflix. I hope not and hope I am wrong. If it ain't broke, don't break it!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:55 PM   #87
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've avoided this thread just in case - but I just finished this series the other day and absolutely loved it. Possibly my favourite Marvel series. Jon Bernthal was amazing as Punisher in DD and even better here. He is almost unnervingly intense. Even my wife liked the show and she does NOT enjoy the Marvel tv shows at all.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:37 PM   #88
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Season 2 confirmed. Hopefully they take some inspiration from the comic this time and actually have him dealing with criminals and gangsters. Still don't feel I've seen the definitive Punisher, hopefully this new season can rectify that.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #89
Augen
The Hulk

This is my favorite interpretation of the Punisher, glad it did well and we will see more of him in the future.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:14 AM   #90
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Finally finished season 1. I was surprised how good the writing was. I found the Punisher the most solid of the Netflix Marvel series. No episodes felt like filler episodes. I also like Daredevil season 1 and 2 but the rest were “meh”.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote