Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-05-2017, 07:01 PM   #21
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Will be looking at bmutha's review to see if i'm keeping mine. Radd titan's piece might have been just a dud, the production piece they opened themselves to check looks fine.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #22
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
Really lazy paintjob,especially knowing there are only 125 pcs of Ren...the whole reason for keeping the ES very low was to deliver great quality on each piece.It doesn't bode well for future releases.I have the Crow King on pre-order and I really hope they will step up their game.
I've also watched Radd Titan's video review today and seen several areas that were severely lacking a good paintjob/weathering...ugh,their first BoB release is very underwhelming.A real shame.
I'm pretty sure that ES = quality theory has been debunked or is least no more than speculation that can just be as easily attributed to larger error margins and other factory considerations. RT continually referencing that as fact is one of the few disagreeable quirks I find in their otherwise quality content. I actually commented that I felt them encouraging a newer company like HMO to prioritize the "collectability" (there's a reason that term is not a real word) before considering how extremely limited runs on the first pieces in a line (especially one of the main protagonists in the lore) might discourage newcomers and limit its potential mostly to flippers. I always respect Geo's consumer-first perspective nonetheless.

I also wasn't too impressed by the paint work shown in the video review, but I also couldn't detect any of the skin freckling or smaller details from the video quality the way I could from It's Sisko's STGCC videos, and the one on display there was also a confirmed production piece. I suspect HMO's painting style, similar to how some criticize Mufizal's face sculpts as appearing post-op, will be divisive, but it won't be a quality issue as much as one of tastes.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #23
radizero
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Will be looking at bmutha's review to see if i'm keeping mine. Radd titan's piece might have been just a dud, the production piece they opened themselves to check looks fine.
See the thing is, I saw some photos from his piece and it doesnt look like RadTitans. But I also saw pics of her that HMO released recently and the helmet is painted the same way as RadTitans.
It's like it's not even the same painter/piece. Feels like HMO sent a "prototype" to him so he can promote her, I dunno.
radizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:36 PM   #24
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by radizero View Post
See the thing is, I saw some photos from his piece and it doesnt look like RadTitans. But I also saw pics of her that HMO released recently and the helmet is painted the same way as RadTitans.
It's like it's not even the same painter/piece. Feels like HMO sent a "prototype" to him so he can promote her, I dunno.
It's entirely possible he got an artist's proof, like many name reviewers often do (something I would probably ask him on here though rather than assume.) That said, I see only minor benefits to promoting a long sold-out piece in such a way and H.M.O. seems to be a very transparent company. If there is significant production drop-off, aftermarket saturation and pricing speak louder than reviews in most cases.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #25
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

The helmet on this is pretty poor. It gives me flashbacks to Sideshow’s Voltron battle damage which, if they werent going to do it right, they shouldnt have even tried. Vein work looks iffy. Nothing else looked too bad tho imo. Their camera sucked for sure, it was washed out and there was a light haze over everything. Makes me a bit nervous for Morgan, luckily she doesnt have battle damage. Really hope Im not disappointed.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:58 PM   #26
thirdhandmaker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Official Statement from HMO:

[Official Statement on Ren Statue]

Dear all,

We are very happy to see that we have a collector's family with such high standards.

We have shipped Kage, Medusa, Dante and other statues in our experience, all of which have received great support and reviews from you all and we thank you for that.

Here are some important announcements with regard to Ren, from the HMO Team:

1. Video of Ren Production Piece

We have included a high resolution video of Ren's Production Piece.
Video here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9341...7188074392430/

You may view it at your own time. Of note:
- This piece was chosen at random
- The video was taken under normal room lighting conditions
- We zoomed in to show you the details of the piece visible to the limits of human eye

2. Ren's reviews

The facts: so far, reviewers for Ren including Raddtitan, whose on-video photographs are the source of concern for collectors, have come back with good reviews for the piece and we thank you for that!

The understandable concerns mostly revolve around some bleeding paints and weathering effects of parts of the statue. These parts measure approximately 5-8mm wide and show these flaws on screen when magnified 600-700%.

3. To address the above issues, we are halting all shipments of Ren at the moment

To stay true to our vision to give you the best we can, we are temporarily stopping all shipments of Ren.

The purpose is to redo the entire QC process. If it's really necessary, we will reproduce or repaint the statue at our loss to ensure you get the best quality product.

Cheers! Let's see what we can do for you!

thirdhandmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:16 AM   #27
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdhandmaker View Post
Official Statement from HMO:

[Official Statement on Ren Statue]

Dear all,

We are very happy to see that we have a collector's family with such high standards.

We have shipped Kage, Medusa, Dante and other statues in our experience, all of which have received great support and reviews from you all and we thank you for that.

Here are some important announcements with regard to Ren, from the HMO Team:

1. Video of Ren Production Piece

We have included a high resolution video of Ren's Production Piece.
Video here:

You may view it at your own time. Of note:
- This piece was chosen at random
- The video was taken under normal room lighting conditions
- We zoomed in to show you the details of the piece visible to the limits of human eye

2. Ren's reviews

The facts: so far, reviewers for Ren including Raddtitan, whose on-video photographs are the source of concern for collectors, have come back with good reviews for the piece and we thank you for that!

The understandable concerns mostly revolve around some bleeding paints and weathering effects of parts of the statue. These parts measure approximately 5-8mm wide and show these flaws on screen when magnified 600-700%.

3. To address the above issues, we are halting all shipments of Ren at the moment

To stay true to our vision to give you the best we can, we are temporarily stopping all shipments of Ren.

The purpose is to redo the entire QC process. If it's really necessary, we will reproduce or repaint the statue at our loss to ensure you get the best quality product.

Cheers! Let's see what we can do for you!

DAMN!!!!!!!!!

Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:24 AM   #28
qz33
Doctor Doom

What a response!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:41 AM   #29
ukshaun
Hercules

I watched the Raddtitan review lastnight, and Ren looked good to me. Sure, super close up, some of the paint work, the yellow radiation cross for example looked slightly iffy along with the presumably stuck on green LCD screen, but it was very close up. I failed to order Ren, and am on the wait list. Should the list convert, i will proceed

One thing i will say, the 3rd portrait. What's that about?

For the moment, i think the flippers might have to lower their prices
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:10 AM   #30
dao2
Cyclops

yeah I don't like the 3rd portrait either, v0v the other 2 are good
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote