Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-06-2017, 04:44 PM   #291
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
$1099 with a healthy ES is my current guess too.
a lot of back lash with P1 pricing lately, they would be smart taking this route - keep the price reasonable, they wont have any issue selling plenty of these
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #292
sparda
The Avengers

Thing is that swamp thing was quite pricey as well, though it might be difficult to have many switch outs for this piece, lowering the price a bit under swamp thing. I don't think it'll be that much though. 1.3'ish is my honest guess.

1099 seems to cheap, that's almost as much as the AK batman, which probably is a cheaper license and has less demand.

Time will tell
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #293
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Thing is that swamp thing was quite pricey as well, though it might be difficult to have many switch outs for this piece, lowering the price a bit under swamp thing. I don't think it'll be that much though. 1.3'ish is my honest guess.

1099 seems to cheap, that's almost as much as the AK batman, which probably is a cheaper license and has less demand.

Time will tell
Swamp Thing also has a ton of detailing - painting it is probably quite involved.

The flip side of higher demand is that while people are likely more willing to pay more because it's highly anticipated, you can also charge less because you'll get a better deal from the factory with a larger edition size, and you can also reduce your profit margin per statue because you'll be selling more of them.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:06 PM   #294
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm expecting at least $1200. Prices have gone up since the Miller went up, and the popularity of this one will be through the roof. They know they can set a higher price and get it.
I tend to agree. Although they may want to price it a bit more reasonably to make it more accessible...at least at first.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #295
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Really hoping character popularity is a factor in their pricing for this line.

...I mean, there can't be that many people out there willing to fork out more than $700 for Huntress, right?
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #296
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
Really hoping character popularity is a factor in their pricing for this line.

...I mean, there can't be that many people out there willing to fork out more than $700 for Huntress, right?
The line is 1/3, so you're looking at $900 at least for most characters (probably closer to $1K minimum).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #297
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
The line is 1/3, so you're looking at $900 at least for most characters (probably closer to $1K minimum).
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:52 PM   #298
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I hope Prime 1 looks at how long it has taken the Arkham line to really flush through the channels. And if you look at the Prime 1 website it doesn't even look like any of it is really sold out, just limited availability through distributors like Sideshow. Don't price out your customer base, especially over the release of the Hush Batman. I know this guy will have a lot of demand but don't forget you want attach rate from the other characters. Selling lines is more profitable than selling a character. Going above $1K for yet another Batman won't drive sales but maybe open up opportunities for other companies for something more affordable. It is your foot to shoot Prime 1.....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #299
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I hope Prime 1 looks at how long it has taken the Arkham line to really flush through the channels. And if you look at the Prime 1 website it doesn't even look like any of it is really sold out, just limited availability through distributors like Sideshow. Don't price out your customer base, especially over the release of the Hush Batman. I know this guy will have a lot of demand but don't forget you want attach rate from the other characters. Selling lines is more profitable than selling a character. Going above $1K for yet another Batman won't drive sales but maybe open up opportunities for other companies for something more affordable. It is your foot to shoot Prime 1.....
Agreed. You want to attract and keep clients not repel them .
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #300
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I was listening to the radio the other day and this song just made me think about Hush. Let's see more teasers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfhTpZXMVBg

Just Hush....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote