Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-17-2018, 11:15 AM   #791
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
Always been a fan of Jim Lee’s art... just not his Batman, or at least certain aspects of how he draws the character. With that said I think this piece looks great.... except the tiny head. WTF is going on with this and the Superman Hush statues tiny head problem (the Superman statue is almost laughable... no disrespect to artist)?

What are the chances they will listen to fan feedback and alter the size of the head? I haven’t read the different posts in the Superman or Batman Hush threads. Has there been any type of comment or response back from Prime One on this? Have they made adjustments in the past?

It would be a significant improvement and one I believe will translate to more sales, and more importantly maintaining the quality of their overall brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
CAN someone bring this up to them on facebook? i was planning on doing my own thing but would be nice if i didnt have to
IIRC, they did comment that they were going to look into making Supe's head slightly larger. As for Bat's, since it's up for PO, I have no idea what action they would take. I imagine that they'd want to keep the head sizes similar and would need to upscale Batman's head, too.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #792
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
I imagine that they'd want to keep the head sizes similar and would need to upscale Batman's head, too.
i hope so but if no one brings it up to them they may try to let it slide. its not as glaring as it was with supes but at certain angles it does appear to be a little on the small side, thats a fair critique
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:00 PM   #793
DrJ
Frackin!

i have to speak up and rebuttal those that say this one will lose value for the sake of being a 1/3 piece. Well. This is an action pose. Not just some other stoic Batman I’m sure everyone is tired of seeing. This is different. Plus, anatomically, he looks awesome. Anyone can say from certain angles...whatever. It’s an action pose and as such will appear different and different angles. Plus, Batman is a popular icon and as this statue is so different and has a commanding presence, I expect it will sell out. And if so, forget about any discounts. For reference, the Hush Batman with Catwoman has increased substantially in value over time. I see the trend continuing with this one as well.

That said, I think this one is worth the price of admission. I preordered.
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:34 PM   #794
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
IIRC, they did comment that they were going to look into making Supe's head slightly larger. As for Bat's, since it's up for PO, I have no idea what action they would take. I imagine that they'd want to keep the head sizes similar and would need to upscale Batman's head, too.
I’ve posted on FB as have a few others. I encourage anyone whom feels the head needs to be increased in size to post/speak up. They’re not going to fix this unless people speak up and ask for it.
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:02 PM   #795
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
I’ve posted on FB as have a few others. I encourage anyone whom feels the head needs to be increased in size to post/speak up. They’re not going to fix this unless people speak up and ask for it.
They do listen and there is also more than enough time.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:18 AM   #796
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

The fact that this hasn't sold out yet says something to re-enforce the argument that this will be a better deal in the aftermarket.

Are people waiting for the more limited black variant?
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #797
DrJ
Frackin!

Where do you see they’re releasing a black version of this? Would be weird since the entire comic line is blue.
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #798
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
Where do you see they’re releasing a black version of this? Would be weird since the entire comic line is blue.
they confirmed a while ago they are doing a black variant for both batman and superman after people got upset about the white batman beyond variant

Quote:
Hi guys,

Understanding the frustration that many felt about the Batman Beyond variant, J would like to give a heads up on the variants for D.C. License that are currently in development.

This is in hope able to help you guys. Variants are unfortunately required as Prime1 also does many risky and less popular characters or licenses to satisfy each fanbase.

Each variant has been thoroughly thought through and made in a very unique style to attract a certain group of collectors without taking the shine away from the original sculpt.

Here is the confirmed list:

1. Arkham Nightwing Red version - new headsculpt. Very limited run.
2. Arkham Knight Batmobile 1966 skin version. Very limited run.
3. Arkham Knight Batmobile 1970 skin version. Very limited run.
4. Frank Miller Batman blue version - completely new sculpt and base.
5. Hush black Batman. Very limited run.
6. Hush Superman black version - new bearded headsculpt. Very limited run.

Edition size/ run has not been determined yet. So far these are the only variants that are confirmed. Prime1 will keep you guys posted on any variants as and when it is confirmed. Hope this has been helpful.
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:56 PM   #799
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
The fact that this hasn't sold out yet says something to re-enforce the argument that this will be a better deal in the aftermarket.
I agree with 100%.
It's the hobby. We are flooded with great pieces.
In cases like this, I POd day one to support what P1 is doing.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #800
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post

Are people waiting for the more limited black variant?
I’m waiting for a better Lee Batman. I’m not impressed. Prime 1 does some great work but this does nothing for me. Pose seems off, head is small, and his beak looks bad from numerous angles. It was an easy pass for me. Plus I try to not get 1/3 pieces unless I’m completely in love with it due to space it consumes and price. I’m assuming at least a quarter of the people are thinking the same way as I am which is why it hasn’t sold out
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote