Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #371
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I actually have the XM Samurai Batman coming soon, really looking forward to getting it. I've just been so impressed with the look/quality of it in stuff I've seen online and the amount of switch outs is insane.
I think it's my favorite piece in the Sanctuary.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #372
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think it's my favorite piece in the Sanctuary.
Yeah when I watched your video on it (and I really, really enjoy your videos) it was definitely a "wow" moment. It's just really cool that it can work both as a standard Batman and all the cool samurai switch out.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #373
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
I realize this is a 2020 problem, but I'm struggling with this thing being 2 feet wide and 2 feet deep. That's 7" wider than Thanos on Throne and 10" deeper.

At that size, I'm concerned that it's going to overwhelm every other 1/4 scale piece that I own.
That's my concern (and my only concern) with this piece, but I decided to go with it because I think it's far and away the best 1/4 Batman. The new SS would have a smaller footprint, but I just don't $600 'like it'. I try to keep in mind that a lot of the width is just the cape and some of the depth is just his arm going forward with a grapple gun and grapple shooting out.

My idea is to just put it on a top shelf by himself with the shelf below having Harley/Joker and the shelf below that Mr Freeze/Catwoman.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:54 PM   #374
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Yeah, I sorta get the width, but 2 feet deep?
it could be inaccurate, depth specs on arkham catwoman was off by quite a bit
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #375
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It feels like it would be off for a 1:4 scale statue, but it could just depend on which angle it's being measured at. I could see ~24" in "Depth" if it was measured in this view from the end of the grappling gun to the back of the statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	120365  
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:04 PM   #376
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

You know, this Batman is so good IMO that I'm considering not POing anymore 1/3s and switching to 1/4. I'm already getting the Flash to go with FP Batman, and would like to get Injustice 2 Brainiac and Darkseid. Plus there's that P1 1/5 stuff coming out eventually. I'm looking at my ginormous 1/3 boxes right now and thinking wtf am I doing, lol.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #377
banner23
Justice League

Reading the comments on this statue the main problem people have with it is the size of the cape. Some have wished there was an option for a fabric cape. Has Prime 1 ever commented about offering this option ? And at this stage, do you think there is a still a chance of getting a fabric cape ?
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:23 PM   #378
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
Reading the comments on this statue the main problem people have with it is the size of the cape. Some have wished there was an option for a fabric cape. Has Prime 1 ever commented about offering this option ? And at this stage, do you think there is a still a chance of getting a fabric cape ?
No I don't think it is a plausible option at this point, unless you had the sculpt customized after the fact.

I've come to not mind the cape at all as my favorite viewing angle is when your looking at the opposite side of the piece away from the cape and barely see it at all.

Piece looks amazing!

If someone is looking for a spot on comic book accurate Batman, can't go wrong.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:02 PM   #379
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

So is this line dead? I know no Aquaman is in the works, but after Flash, WW, and Batman are released, what about other heroes and villains?
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:38 PM   #380
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
So is this line dead? I know no Aquaman is in the works, but after Flash, WW, and Batman are released, what about other heroes and villains?
Hard to say but I think the lines done when they decided to not make new52 aquaman who had the best comic imo.

Prime 1 did tease Grail a while ago from the new52 but shes said to be 1/3 scale. As well with new52 Deathstroke and Harley which came out.

I would love for them to continue the new52 1/4 line. A new52 shazam would be perfect to come out right now but who knows.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote