Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-01-2018, 01:07 AM   #941
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Nope, they already announced on nerdiest.com...her jacket will be tailored.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:10 AM   #942
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don't really understand why anything other than a cape would be fabric.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:22 AM   #943
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Nope, they already announced on nerdiest.com...her jacket will be tailored.
Cool. Just saved myself $750.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:26 AM   #944
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I think she looks great so far. I hope the base shows off her strength while she’s flying. I’m fine with it being a maquette as long as the price tag is earned! Sideshow is doing a way better job with the bases this time around than the lame disc X bases. It also never made sense why they did the majority of them like that and had rocks for Wolverine, Cyclops and Storm
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:33 AM   #945
Superman_Rules
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I think she looks cool. Curious to see the full reveal.
Superman_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:13 AM   #946
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Regarding the PF coat are any of you experiencing deteriorating coats for Cyclops or Rogue (from the last release?). I've been hearing of cracking and flaking for these pseudo leather type materials.

Sideshow you might want to look into this if you are going mixed media leather coat.

This is from the Indiana Jones PF

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I can confirm that this happens with Batman
My first release Batman PF has flaking diapers.....
Thats unfortunate, I wonder if its only SS's stuff that flakes overtime. They really need to move away from this material if this is the case.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:29 AM   #947
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I love this! Not a fan of mixed media but not a deal breaker. Guaranteed preorder for me. I think I'm all in on this new X-men line. I even went and ordered the Magneto that I'd been hesitating on. I may not get Juggernaut because of the price and so many other statues coming out but we'll see. All in at this point.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:12 AM   #948
demonhunter
Kingpin

The Indiana Jones PF is widely known to break down for the jacket. For years, we knew that.

But if you're talking about PV(I hope I got the term right) jackets, the faux leather ones, and if they are the same as Hot Toys figures, I can say that, the Hot Toys ones also flake off.

But, provided you don't touch it, don't pose the jacket, for the most part, the faux leather for HT figures stay in place for years.

My Hot Toys Wolverine Origins, 3 different Black Widows(Civil War, Winter Soldier and Avengers versions) are all without flaking.

But I'm pretty sure if I touch them or pose them they will flake off.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:06 AM   #949
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
And remember folks, these costumes won’t be the classic costumes (like Wolverine and Magneto, Cap, Widow, DD, Electra...) they’ll be interpretations. The video confirms it.
Sideshow says that these pieces will be inspired by the iconic 90’s version of these characters, which means blue and yellow spandex for most of the X-men. When they said subject to interpretation, I believe what they meant was that since there was too much real estate on 1/4 statues they had to fill in the “blanks”, i.e. details. Wolverine’s costumes in the comics never looked that detailed whereas you can see the fibers on the statue. I really wish they didn’t use fabric. I want my statues to last a lifetime. I love all they’ve shown so far and am only on the fence because of the fabric used in Magneto’s cape and Rogue’s coat.

Btw, can anyone clarify if the Mystique on pre-order is part of this new X-men collection. Sideshow’s website doesn’t really do a good job of categorizing their statue lines. These are lumped together with other Marvel collectibles.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #950
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Sideshow says that these pieces will be inspired by the iconic 90’s version of these characters, which means blue and yellow spandex for most of the X-men. When they said subject to interpretation, I believe what they meant was that since there was too much real estate on 1/4 statues they had to fill in the “blanks”, i.e. details. Wolverine’s costumes in the comics never looked that detailed whereas you can see the fibers on the statue. I really wish they didn’t use fabric. I want my statues to last a lifetime. I love all they’ve shown so far and am only on the fence because of the fabric used in Magneto’s cape and Rogue’s coat.

Btw, can anyone clarify if the Mystique on pre-order is part of this new X-men collection. Sideshow’s website doesn’t really do a good job of categorizing their statue lines. These are lumped together with other Marvel collectibles.
Yes, Mystique is very much a part of this X-Men collection. As of now, it's Magneto, Wolverine, Mystique, Emma, Rogue, and Juggernaut. Soon to come, Psylocke and X-23.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote