Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 01-20-2022, 09:33 PM   #111
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
I bet in the end the lack of sales killed it, why else would something that ?sells out? get cancelled?
Most retailers marked it as sold out within a couple months. If that was a prelude to cancellation, why would they have pulled the plug so early? And why wait another year before notifying buyers?
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:45 PM   #112
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Maybe it had something to do with al the Big Chap breakages and having to do so many returns.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:09 PM   #113
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
Maybe it had something to do with al the Big Chap breakages and having to do so many returns.
The Coolprops Big Chap? Mine had an issue as well, I had to have the entire head replaced. I'm not aware of any industry that has this poor of a Quality Control issue. The 'failure rate' for these high-end statues is astronomical. Assuming they are clearing a QC check at the factory before shipping, the next and only failure point is the shipping process. They need to spend some time and money coming up with novel ways to protect these things. CLEARLY, the standard-issue cutout sections in styrofoam don't cut it for these fragile statues they're putting out. You Predator guys must be chewing your fingernails to the bone worrying about each one your order. Maybe it's the medium; go vinyl and you eliminate 90+% of the breakage issues.
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:15 PM   #114
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Liquid View Post
Maybe it's the medium; go vinyl and you eliminate 90+% of the breakage issues.
I would not mind one bit. Vinyl still holds a good amount of detail and more of the production budget can go towards ensuring a nice paintjob.

But many collectors associate weight with quality and would balk at the idea of a vinyl statue.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:08 AM   #115
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Yep, I am still in awe about the details of the old Takeya vinyl model kits. They are stunning in details. Only drawback of these kits back then was to use the right paint on that material.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:35 PM   #116
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post
Yep, I am still in awe about the details of the old Takeya vinyl model kits. They are stunning in details. Only drawback of these kits back then was to use the right paint on that material.
Agreed. I still have quite a few of those, they were ahead of their time I feel.
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote