Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #22861
Python
Omega Red

Broke out a few blu rays while off work today and finally caught up with some movies I hadn't seen yet...

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 9/10

I loved this! The first one was my favorite Marvel movie before going in to this one. And if anything, this one is better imo. Sure it isn't perfect, and there's a few criticisms. But they don't detract from the movie as a whole. I also laughed out loud during this, more than I have any full on comedy movie I've seen in years. They got this one right mostly and I really hope Marvel let James Gunn carry on doing his own thing with this franchise. I'd hate to see the Guardians become just another Avengers. I only just watched this, and I want to watch it again which says it all..

John Wick 2 8/10

Another movie that I loved the first, and was happy with the sequel. Arguably this one is better than the first also although it's a close run thing as both are great. This one did exactly what I expected of it and I look forward to the third...

Suicide squad 6.5/10

I went in to this expecting very little, and with no real prior attachments to any of the characters. I thought it was enjoyable enough, certainly not as bad as I was expecting given the feedback I'd heard. Ultimately I left still having little attachment to most of the characters however, so in that regard, I'd like to have seen it handled better. It was also hard to not feel like they tried to capitalise on the GOTG vibe musically throughout, except it didn't quite work in this one. It just felt like random and out of place music. I wasn't overly convinced by Letto as the Joker sadly, but Harley Quinn was the star of the show. Her and possibly to a less degree Will Smith saved this from being a much poorer experience for me. I'll certainly watch the next one..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:52 AM   #22862
Vracula
Jedi Order

Ghost in the shell- 7/10

The Anime was on my watch list for ever , never got to it. Now that we got that out of the way the movie isn't half bad as a matter of fact the Director did an amazing job. A lot of Garbage directors out there right now but Rupert Sanders really got me beleiving I was watchinga live actione anime.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #22863
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

The Mummy
Snore fest, especially when Russell Crowe entered the picture. What a stupid character.
3/10

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
The action was cool enough to keep me entertained.
6/10

Alien: Covenant
Better than expected. It was a lot freakier than Prometheus.
7/10
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:17 PM   #22864
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Leatherface 4/10 worst one yet.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #22865
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Leatherface 4/10 worst one yet.
Worse than Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III? Man... I can't imagine anything being worse than that.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #22866
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

American Graffiti (1973) - A couple of high school grads spend one final night cruising the strip with their buddies before they go off to college.

Great cast. I prefer the more serious tone here to the similarly-themed Happy Days comedy series. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:01 PM   #22867
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Killing Gunther .....gave up at 42 minute mark.

Unfunny rubbish.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:02 PM   #22868
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Worse than Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III? Man... I can't imagine anything being worse than that.
It's worse. Just using the Chainsaw name to cash in.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:22 AM   #22869
Luminous
Cyclops

Kingsman: The Golden Circle - 6.5/10

As a big fan of the first film, I am disappointed to have to say that there were far too many missteps in this sequel. All of the movie's problems stem from the poorly conceived plot of the film. The story affects the film's pacing, the consequences of the previous entry, and reveals the logic behind the writing process which in turn took me out of the experience. The visual flare is still there though. It just wasn't enough to overcome my disappointment in the narrative. I expected better from Matthew Vaughn.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:18 AM   #22870
xb24
Sinister Six

GoTG Vol.2 - 8.5/10
The Mummy - 1.5/10
The Expendables 3 - 5/10
Manchester by the Sea - 8/10
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote