Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #3981
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I actually think the character of Negan is very interesting and JDM's performance brings a level of gravitas and menace to every scene he's in. He's actually one of the high points in an otherwise disappointing season for me. That said the problems with this season's pacing haven't done him any favors.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #3982
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
As silly as this sounds when discussing a zombie show, some of this seasons things didn't translate well to tv I think.

Negan has no ass.

I swear every time I saw Negan strutting around then he'd spin around and I'd see his flat ass
LOL...this might be the funniest critique I've read yet.

For the record, I think Michonne has the finest ass of all the women.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #3983
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

lol...Negan is pretty skinny...he's got a big head so you don't expect it. I agree with people on JDM...one the few highlights for this season. Hopefully they'll flesh out the character next season.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:40 AM   #3984
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
lol...Negan is pretty skinny...he's got a big head so you don't expect it. I agree with people on JDM...one the few highlights for this season. Hopefully they'll flesh out the character next season.
Thing is, when you watch him in The Losers or Watchmen, he's built like a tank. Looks like he slimmed down a fair bit to play Negan.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #3985
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Am I the only one who REALLY wishes the tiger hadn't gotten there until after Carl had been beaten to death?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #3986
johnclone
The Enchantress

When you heard the female scream after Michonne was shown on the losing end of that wrestling match up on the tower there was still no way I was believing that was Michonne that fell. It was yet another Glenn hides under the dumpster scene. Enough of those already.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #3987
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Am I the only one who REALLY wishes the tiger hadn't gotten there until after Carl had been beaten to death?

Damn, we're too late!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #3988
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Dayum...Kirkman sues AMC.

What Robert Kirkman's Lawsuit Against AMC Could Mean For The Future Of 'The Walking Dead'
Sept. 10, 2017
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#1c9579f0421d

In the past few weeks, AMC has been hit with two pretty major blows by the creator of The Walking Dead, Robert Kirkman.

The first came when Kirkman and his company Skybound Entertainment signed a deal with Amazon, making Amazon Video the new home to any new shows Kirkman and his team dream up.

Then, this Monday, we learned that Kirkman as well as series producers Glen Mazzara, David Alpert and Gale Anne Hurd are suing AMC, stating that they're not receiving a fair share of the show's massive profits.

The suit isn't the first leveled at AMC over the show. The Walking Dead co-creator Frank Darabont sued AMC over unfair compensation after he was fired in Season 2.

At the heart of this latest suit is what's known as 'vertical integration' in the TV business. Traditionally, two parties create and air a television show. A studio creates the content and signs a deal with a cable or network channel to air it, with a cut of the licensing fees going to creators and talent.

This used to be enshrined in FCC regulations set up in the 1970s, but those rules were overturned by Bill Clinton after industry lobbyists pressured the president to deregulate.

Now, for instance, AMC Studios can produces the shows that air on AMC Network. This is what's happened with The Walking Dead. In a more traditional situation, the studio and the network would negotiate, ultimately working out licensing fees that both sides (hopefully) believed fair.

In the case of The Walking Dead, however, AMC was effectively negotiating with itself. The lawsuit alleges that the company ended up lowballing the fees, ultimately taking money from the creators' pockets in the process.

"There can be no question that, if AMC Studios and AMC Network were not part of the same conglomerate, the story would be very different," the lawsuit alleges.

The lawsuit points out that shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men, which were made by non-AMC owned studios, ended up negotiating higher fees than The Walking Dead. For example, Lionsgate was earning $4 million per episode of Mad Men by the end of its run, whereas the much more popular Walking Dead is only paying $1.87 to $2.4 million per episode now, which is not much more than the $1.45 million per episode way back in Season 1.

But AMC calls the lawsuit baseless:

“These kinds of lawsuits are fairly common in entertainment and they all have one thing in common — they follow success. Virtually every studio that has had a successful show has been the target of litigation like this, and ‘The Walking Dead’ has been the #1 show on television for five years in a row, so this is no surprise."

“We have enormous respect and appreciation for these plaintiffs, and we will continue to work with them as partners, even as we vigorously defend against this baseless and predictably opportunistic lawsuit."
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:53 AM   #3989
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It was an alright episode tonight.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #3990
johnclone
The Enchantress

I want to like this show, but sometimes they really make that difficult. Rick and around 20 or more people all loaded to the teeth are facing down Negan and his lieutenants, who are completely unarmed. And how many Negans survive when the shooting starts. All of them. All. Of. Them. So OK, apparently that wasn't the real purpose of their being there. the true purpose was to unleash a zombie horde on the sanctuary. The attack was just to keep them in the building while the zombies are on the way. Cool. So then next week, Negan and all his men are surely dead, right? I won't count on it.