Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-18-2017, 01:07 AM   #3501
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Personaly I think you have his hood too high and too much of his forehead is showing, otherwise great shots
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:57 AM   #3502
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Yeah i think only his eyes and eyebrows should be showing, but yeah great shots!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:19 AM   #3503
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Total dichotomy here. Thanks for your initial thoughts. Excited for a video review. Congratulations on both bundles of joy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeek View Post
Great pics! Just got mine today, about to crack him open...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Great pics can't wait for mine to show up
Thanks guys, detail is amazing on this piece. I'm sure you'll be impressed once it's sitting infront of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post

Personaly I think you have his hood too high and too much of his forehead is showing, otherwise great shots
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Yeah i think only his eyes and eyebrows should be showing, but yeah great shots!
Ya that's little stuff I gatta futz with. Might have moved a little while I was trying to get the head in.

What I'm a little more concerned with is the lean my piece has. You don't notice it as much when you're looking at it straight on, however when you turn it to the side a little it's noticeable, turn it completely on its side and it's very noticeable. It didn't hit me as much when I was unboxing it becaus I was looking mostly at the costume and really upclose with it. Wasn't until I stepped back to look at it for a while did it become more obvious. The base is level, the feet and shins are level, what it appears to be is how the legs were glued in above the knees that's causing the lean. I'm usually ok with fixing small things myself, but outside of breaking the legs off above the knees and reattaching, I don't know how to fix this. It's way outside of my comfort and skill level.

Those of you who have your Scorpions already, do you notice a lean in yours? I'm curious if this is a common thing among these with varying degrees of lean, or if mine is the odd ball? Just wondering if I should probably contact PCS about the issue and possibly a replacement body?

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:23 AM   #3504
Royce12
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hmmm.. I haven't noticed a lean with mine and I'm not home right now to check. Not sure if I have any side pictures on my phone.. let me check.
Royce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:26 AM   #3505
qz33
Doctor Doom

Maybe the foot pins or pegs aren't straight or parallel? Don't know how to measure it.

It could be the body or the base or the specific combination of the 2.

It's noticeable in pictures so it's surely noticeable in person.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #3506
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

That is a noticable lean. Would heating up the peg and trying to bend it a little make any (positive) difference?
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #3507
Royce12

Not sure if you want to do that and risk damaging the electronics. It's like the Scorpion: Smooth Criminal edition
Old 05-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #3508
Royce12

I looked at some pictures but I dont have a good picture from the side. Checking tonight but it seems like something I would have noticed by now.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #3509
addic
The X-Men

He definitely is leaning. I would contact PCS as soon as possible.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #3510
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Maybe the foot pins or pegs aren't straight or parallel? Don't know how to measure it.

It could be the body or the base or the specific combination of the 2.

It's noticeable in pictures so it's surely noticeable in person.
Na, it's not those things. I checked them with a level. Everything is straight until you get to the knees, then the whole body leans forward about an inch. It's a very small lean forward at the knees, but obviously the further something is from the point of deviation the greater the travel will be at the opposite end. So when you're looking at his head compared to his knees, the lean looks even greater, because it is.

Even if I could live with it, I'm concerned with the weight of the statue this lean will get progressively worse over time.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote