Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-06-2016, 08:25 AM   #131
Demona
Martian Manhunter

[QUOTE=Killer Instinct;5322456]Actually that's a pretty good concept for a future piece, I like it.

It's a shame XM will probably go back to the drawing board with this piece, the only thing I could add would be her bashing someone on the ground to be a perfect companion piece to the Joker while he stands there laughing. I like the tattoos on her arm but would prefer to see it in color form before I critic it (Must be Japanese style Tattoos). They obviously went the cutie route but I don't see why that's a bad thing from the leg pose to her leaning forward seductively. The peace sign is the only thing that throws me off but I can appreciate it as if this was standing next to the Joker standing over dead bodied is what would symbolize the characters attitude which I completely agree with. Her sticking out her tongue is also what I expect but a menacing laugh on her face while she is pounding someone with a bloody bat would be a better route for me. So I may be the minority in how I feel but I'm also thinking XM will produce another regular version of Harley Quinn that people will love so let them have some freedom in this Japanese series lineup.

One thing I don't understand is someone talking over and over about this piece when they clearly said they don't even like the Harley Quinn character. Does that make sense?

The one thing I think people might be forgetting is she isn't suppose to be such an independent character, she is the property of the Joker and she will do anything to make him happy. Joker says JUMP she would say "How High, mista J"?[QUOTE]

In this rendition, yes. In the comics, she isn't really anymore. She's becoming more independent all the time.

That's one of the reason I've always loved the Harley and Ivy friendship. Ivy calls her out for going back to Joker when they both know he is scum who uses her.

IRL, I'm the Ivy to my best friend who is Harley. Poor girl keeps going back to her douchie boyfriend and I just roll me eyes and stay her friend through it all. I like to think eventually she will bash him with an over-sized mallet
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:33 AM   #132
pokritz17
Hydra

don't want to excite anyone....but what the hell happened to this one?
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:52 AM   #133
sdgs
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
overhaul rework
sdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #134
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
Yeah was wondering myself. It's been m.i.a. For awhile. Must be something they really don't like so may be reworking a lot of it.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #135
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The pose is weird imho from what I see from the concept.
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:42 PM   #136
nearmint
Phoenix

I hope they start from square one. They need to be a bit more creative than simply having her bend over.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #137
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I hope they start from square one. They need to be a bit more creative than simply having her bend over.
I agree. I also think xm may agree as well.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #138
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

According to the live interview today, Harley is being re-worked again. No ETA, but they are definitely adding Harley to the line, but they weren't happy with either of the two previous concepts.

Starts around 44:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5BLDV5RR8
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #139
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
According to the live interview today, Harley is being re-worked again. No ETA, but they are definitely adding Harley to the line, but they weren't happy with either of the two previous concepts.

Starts around 44:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5BLDV5RR8
I guess I was the only one that liked her bent over in a kimono.
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #140
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm glad they're reworking the design. As a character, Harley screams harajuku girl so that seems like a no-brainer for this line.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote