Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-28-2015, 06:58 AM   #3311
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Can't help but think the huge 3000 ES on this piece played a part in these quality issues, having to put intricate tattoo decals on to the backs of 3000 Queens is bound to create problems.

The now 19 month wait for Red Death and the extended delay to the Siren shows that the factory workers must be having trouble with these COTD pieces.

With the insane amount of detail and intricacy that goes into these Court pieces the ES should have been no higher than 1000.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #3312
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Sorry if I chime in guys, but since I keep reading the same things over again (replacements denied), why don't you/we ask Alex?
She's here and she clearly said that for anything related to issues and CS we can ask directly to here. I'm reading these same things for CW, WW and Queen of the Dead.
Wonder Woman is really bad. AND I think mine with the paint issues on her torso was a good one. lol

Catwoman, she doesn't seem to have as many issues. Probably due to being covered in fabric. SEE, fabric is good.

Queenie here....I think some imperfections in the paint is ok. I can settle with the bag under her eye, slightly off eye decal, and obnoxious shading. But that back tattoo should be perfect. It is a decal! If the decal tore or didn't go on even, you simple remove the whole thing and start over. You don't let it go and then try to touch it up with black paint. That just.....it's ridiculous.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #3313
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I got mine last night and let me echo many others: it's an amazing piece. Her face is beautifully deadly. The paint job is so fantastic; all her jewelry, her skin tone and the minions. The tiny sculpt details have to be appreciated in person as well. You just can't see the complexity of them in photos compared to seeing it in real life. I'm truly blown away. The back tattoo is slightly off, but it doesn't bother me in the least and still is in the realm of "shifting skin". It's badass too btw.

Man, I love everything about this. The minions are so well done as well. They look creepy, are painted nicely, and I think they add another depth to Gethsemoni, creeping out from under the sarong.

Well done Sideshow! I can't wait for Kier now and I may have to splurge for Siren as well.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:00 PM   #3314
clayman1976
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Wonder Woman is really bad. AND I think mine with the paint issues on her torso was a good one. lol

Catwoman, she doesn't seem to have as many issues. Probably due to being covered in fabric. SEE, fabric is good.

Queenie here....I think some imperfections in the paint is ok. I can settle with the bag under her eye, slightly off eye decal, and obnoxious shading. But that back tattoo should be perfect. It is a decal! If the decal tore or didn't go on even, you simple remove the whole thing and start over. You don't let it go and then try to touch it up with black paint. That just.....it's ridiculous.
Thought Alex said somewhere many pages back that back tattoo is not a decal. I could be wrong about that though, but I seem to recall her saying that after they first started shipping and pics started showing up.

edit: After searching the thread I found I was wrong.
clayman1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:53 PM   #3315
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Potato pics

marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:50 AM   #3316
amyroxs
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Potato pics

She looks beautiful
amyroxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:58 AM   #3317
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Potato pics

I think she has a slight leaning issue not sure if shot directly straight on.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:13 PM   #3318
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
I think she has a slight leaning issue not sure if shot directly straight on.
Mine leans like that as well.
gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #3319
SDguy

Quote:
Potato pics

She looks great! Congrats!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:02 PM   #3320
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I don't understand how replacement requests can be getting denied... The statue is still in stock at Sideshow.

Replace it with one of those!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote