Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #41
Bea625
Fantastic Four

This was an overall poor showing for KOTO. I know Dan left, but they should have had someone to answer questions. The Star Wars setup was sloppy and not much new except for the Bounty Hunters. It also would've been nice to hear about a potential release date for the MCU Dr. Strange and Iron Spidey. I'm very interested to see what the secondary market dictates on pricing for the X-Men '92 line. I love it, but they're very overpriced and hopefully they drop $10-$20 after release. Gambit and Rogue looked great from what I saw, but not $80-$90 great.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #42
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

I agree. I think they will all be reduced to $60 or so and I could see Prof X and Phoenix reduced to $40.

They are not detailed enough to justify the cost; and I think more people are probably collecting Marvel Legends figures (for $20 each) than this scale.
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:00 PM   #43
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I agree that they are vastly overpriced. They are starting to remind me a bit of McDonalds Happy Meal toys, and the fact that they are like $90 a set got me to cancel my POs through BBTS.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:22 PM   #44
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The only thing saved was Storm. This Kamen line is awful
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #45
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
I agree. I think they will all be reduced to $60 or so and I could see Prof X and Phoenix reduced to $40.

They are not detailed enough to justify the cost; and I think more people are probably collecting Marvel Legends figures (for $20 each) than this scale.
Agreed. I wasn't a fan of ML because they looked cheap. But I had to get their Fantastic Four because there's not much FF merch out there. Then, I noticed their X-Men line and man... they've gone all out. They've worked very hard to make them look good and it shows. Plus, the line goes deep... I mean Apocalypse, Sabertooth, Magneto... who knew we'd get an Omega Red!!

I'd pay anything Koto asks for the Rogue/Gambit duo. But as for the rest... I think I'll pass.
(Waiting for a cool Mystique/Nighcrawler set to change my mind.)

Btw, the two Avengers lines seem even more grossly overpriced than this line, to me.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #46
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I agree that they are vastly overpriced. They are starting to remind me a bit of McDonalds Happy Meal toys, and the fact that they are like $90 a set got me to cancel my POs through BBTS.
haha this is all I see when I see these new X-men too. At least they bring back nostalgic memories of my mom buying me McDonalds each week, to try to collect all the toys in the set.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:40 PM   #47
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I think only an aggressive push from the Fine Art line can resurrect my excitement I once had for Koto
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #48
Quilon
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
I think only an aggressive push from the Fine Art line can resurrect my excitement I once had for Koto
With Erick possibly leaving and them pushing out ArtFx and ArtFx+ as fast as they can we might as well kiss the Fine Arts and DRS goodbye.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:53 PM   #49
masterlei13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
With Erick possibly leaving and them pushing out ArtFx and ArtFx+ as fast as they can we might as well kiss the Fine Arts and DRS goodbye.
yup since sir Erick is least likely to be back with koto, lets kiss the drs line goodbye.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:30 PM   #50
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

exactly, by my count we are getting a total of 1 fine art statue in 2018, where is all the statues they said were coming. LOL
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote