Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 01-26-2018, 10:38 PM   #201
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
I really think its OVER KILL to have working lights and voices and such for a $2500 PLUS statue. Its not a toy, and I doubt anyone will be playing with it. Sure, it would be cool to see once, but if all this stuff ups the price 5 to $600 to hear gizmo say BRIGHT LIGHT, its a waste of money. Just mohak on a plain base like gizmo was done on would of been more than great and cost effective. Adding the whole fax machine, with gizmo legs and electric gizmo pannel and lights and sounds is unnecessary and adds cost for a COLLECTORS STATUE, not a NECA dummy puppet that people handle and play with. Id rather just get Mohawk and plain base for a real good price. I could see that being like $2200. But all this other stuff, this will easily be around $2800usd, not worth it to me or the cost of extra expensive shipping to go with probably a two box shippment. Just my opinion, I will still TRY and get it, but I could do without all the extras. I collect statues, dont play with them. Maybe some do, I really dont know??
I agree. Lights and sound is just something else to break or stop working down the road, leaving you wth a less than perfect collectible. I would have preferred a base like Gizmo is on. That said, I will still try and order if the price is reasonable.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:03 AM   #202
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I agree. Lights and sound is just something else to break or stop working down the road, leaving you wth a less than perfect collectible. I would have preferred a base like Gizmo is on. That said, I will still try and order if the price is reasonable.
EXACTLY!!!
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #203
Scorpion1981
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

First day order for me. Hope it looks like the proto. Base is amazing.
Scorpion1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:28 PM   #204
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I love how ambitious ECC is with their bases, but all of us would agree, it'd be nice if maybe they did another run of these with a more simple base to bring cost down.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:06 PM   #205
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

My most anticipated preorder
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:17 AM   #206
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Anyone get a chance to ask Steve about Mowhawk at Monsterpalooza?...Hoping he is still coming
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:01 AM   #207
Oldskullgamer
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Anyone get a chance to ask Steve about Mowhawk at Monsterpalooza?...Hoping he is still coming
Was hoping to get some info as well. My most anticipated pre order
Oldskullgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:51 AM   #208
hemipockets
Fantastic Four

He is still coming, should be up for PO in the next couple months
hemipockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:18 PM   #209
Darth Milo
Hydra

This is the only ECC piece that's on my radar.. ECC showed some really cool stuff at Monsterpalooza but nothing that interests me.
Steve Wang also mentioned that they will have 5 new pieces at Comic Con.
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #210
azurepred
Zot

yea, while I really like the 1/3 Penny, I don't see myself paying 2k for it. I'm really curious what else they will show us. He said these new SDCC 5 will be the last until 2020. Maybe the shape of water creature? I wish they would do a 1931 Frank.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote