Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-19-2018, 02:00 PM   #491
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Gotta say at first i was thinking i could pass on this. More and more i find myself looking at it. Really think it should be a PF.. Yeah the base and desgn on it is really dynamic. I like the sculpt on this. Wonder if the Jacket can be removed depending if the arms are removable. Might be spending a lot more cash than anticipated.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #492
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Wish it was fully sculpted. Or even if the belt was sculpted and jacket could be removed
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #493
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
I m not crazy about the portrait either. Or the jacket. But man, does she look great suspended in air like that! And of course the perfectly sculpted body is always a plus. Wouldn't it be cool of they'd change the heads today or tomorrow...
Really would, but yeah the pose and base is amazing, love the body sculpt, my favorite among the X-women, also has more of a creative base than the others, not sure whose i like most rogues or x23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
I was thinking $750 to be like mags, but I cant think of any female piece that has been that expensive. usually just the massive guys. If this is over $1k i will really have to pass I think.
Same here, though if i don't love the other head and this costs over 750 i'll probably still pass, unless i love the other head then were in business for 750+.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #494
COI

I'm still not understanding the distinction between PF and maquette.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #495
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
About $150-$200.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #496
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
My understanding of maquette is that it is a PF with a marginally complicated base that Sideshow uses to justify the $200+ price tag.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #497
COI

This is the comiquette/PF thing all over again. Comiquettes were 1/5 with no mixed media, and PFs were 1/4 with mixed media. Then some comiquettes became 1/4, and PFs started losing the mixed media.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #498
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
My understanding of maquette is that it is a PF with a marginally complicated base that Sideshow uses to justify the $200+ price tag.
I liked the term better when it was reserved for statues that could not be called a PF because of scale. At least then there was a legitimate reason for the name change, imo. Why should complexity matter with respect to the name? Were there not complex PFs in the past? To an outside observer, the recent Spidey PF should qualify as complex by Sideshow's standards, no?
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #499
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
I liked the term better when it was reserved for statues that could not be called a PF because of scale. At least then there was a legitimate reason for the name change, imo. Why should complexity matter with respect to the name? Were there not complex PFs in the past? To an outside observer, the recent Spidey PF should qualify as complex by Sideshow's standards, no?
I agree. I feel like complexity is too subjective. For some of us, the maquette label for statues like Magneto and Rogue just looks like a mean for sideshow to increase the price. The additional detail and complexity is definitely not worth $150-200. It made more sense when statues like Thanos and Hulk were called Maquette.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #500
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
Or the Deadpool/Lady Deadpool PFs. Not sure why those aren't maquettes, but Rogue and Magneto are. Or why X-23 is a PF?