Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-13-2018, 02:26 AM   #2221
frag
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Why wouldn't fans want to complete the God Hand set? Ubik being included is awesome because it's not another $700 piece we'd have to buy separately and wait an additional bunch of months for.
Where are you getting $700 for Ubik himself from? He is $349 on the Prime 1 website separately. And there are one or two people already on the Prime 1 Facebook who have expressed they don't want Ubik, but do want the alternate face portrait. I'm sure there are more who don't bother to use Facebook or post their opinions on the matter.
frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:44 AM   #2222
Vendetta
The X-Men

I recall fans petitioning for P1 to offer Ubik separately as people were worried they wouldn’t be able to complete the Godhand if they missed out on the DX set. They did that, at least.

At this point though, I don’t think they’d offer the extra head outside of the DX set, which is a bummer for folks who want the head but not Ubik. You should be able to recoup some/most of the cost by eBaying Ubik, which likely isn’t very comforting, I know, but at least there’s a slight discount on Ubik in the set ($50 cheaper than buying both separately, plus the extra head, which they’d usually charge another $50 or so for).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:14 AM   #2223
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger176 View Post
I think the feathers are photoshopped for modesty. The P1 pics below are almost the same angle yet the top one doesn't have feathers where they're suppose to be like the bottom does. I think in-hand she will be totally revealed.

Yep in-hand she is fully nude, P1 confirmed on Insta.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:56 AM   #2224
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddmania View Post
Don’t get me wrong I excited for the release of Slan femto and Apostle Zodd, but I’d much rather see the band of the hawk first, or just start with the Maine characters.
IMHO that will give you a lead over F4F if that’s what their aiming for, but I guess villains sell faster than heroes.
f4f and prime1 are in different ballparks. I dont want to start an argument but prime1 in my eyes is way above what f4f is offering.

prime1s berserk line is and will be top tier.

the pieces are huge and expensive but if you are able to pay it and have the space, you will choose prime1.
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #2225
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this sells out quickly on Sideshow, partially because they're apparently receiving a small allocation (though they'll likely get more later on if P1 has trouble moving units on their site, a la Superman Hush).

Regarding Apostle Zodd's release, I haven't seen a date mentioned on the FB group, but I'd imagine Femto will come next; I'm surprised he didn't come out before Slan since he was already painted at TCC in early December, though I wonder if they moved Slan up with the thinking that she'd be a more exciting release to juxtapose against the recently listed F4F Guts.

Zodd would seemingly be next in line after Femto, unless they go with Puck or the Daka before him (both of which I'd heard weren't locks to be released - I'd bet Puck will but would be surprised if the latter does); I think that's all that we've seen prototypes of so far.

I think you have miss conception how Prime1 work how they run business. They never intend to sellout item but selling slowly longterm business. As they telling me Prime1 fanbase is growing new collector that never collect statue.I heard from them someone new bought the whole Berserk Collection this is first time customer know about Prime1. A lot people dont know about Prime1 yet. As you can guess they are doing extremely well.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #2226
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
I think you have miss conception how Prime1 work how they run business. They never intend to sellout item but selling slowly longterm business. As they telling me Prime1 fanbase is growing new collector that never collect statue.I heard from them someone new bought the whole Berserk Collection this is first time customer know about Prime1. A lot people dont know about Prime1 yet. As you can guess they are doing extremely well.
That’s quite possible, as I’m just making inferences based on limited information (and it’s just because I think the business aspect is interesting and because I’ve enjoyed their output so far).

I get the whole art aspect that they’ve mentioned before, but they’re ultimately still running a business, and with almost everything still being in stock (Prime 1 may not care, but I bet their distribution partners do), the very recent shift to undetermined ES for regular editions, and the bits we get about their interactions with Sideshow, it makes for an interesting situation to analyze.

That being said I don’t think it’s a stretch to suggest that Sideshow will get more DX sets to sell if they sell through their initial allocation quickly and there’s still plenty of stock on the P1 site, which I observed to have happened with a number of preorders recently, like Superman Hush and Ciri. Either way I couldn’t be happy as a longtime Berserk fan to be adding these statues to my collection.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:36 AM   #2227
oddmania
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemerz View Post
f4f and prime1 are in different ballparks. I dont want to start an argument but prime1 in my eyes is way above what f4f is offering.

prime1s berserk line is and will be top tier.

the pieces are huge and expensive but if you are able to pay it and have the space, you will choose prime1.
If you red my previous posts you’ll find that I described P1 as museum masterpieces, Regarding the quality? You get what you pay for and you can’t compare them to F4F.

I’m just pointing to the race between the 2 companies even though P1 is way ahead.

Again just would have loved to see some of the main characters.

Plus if you can afford it, go for it.
oddmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #2228
oddmania
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
I think that Prime 1 fan base is growing is due to their approach to manga and anime, which is really popular in most parts of the world. So who grow up watching the would love to own a pice.

My cousin told me let know when the start making Grendizer.
oddmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:50 AM   #2229
iguana
Blue Falcon

I decided against buying the god hand for now. I can definitely get them after release also so I'm not into a rush.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #2230
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Till this day I don’t get how people think these companies are competing with one another. Whether it be Sideshow and P1, or Microsoft and Apple, Xbox vs PlayStation..

All of these companies have given you the false idea, knowingly or unknowingly., that they are competing.

They’re not.

If you think about it, It actually doesn’t benefit them to compete with one another.

They are all in business together to do one thing, take our money!
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote