Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 02-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Jesse321
Galactus

MAJOR PROPS to Badger Air-brush Comp.

I have to give a MAJOR shout out to Badger Air-Brush Co., who not only fixed 4 of my airbrushes (3 Sotar 20/20's and a Renegade Velocity), they did it in under a week, and at no charge.

Ladies and Gentlemen, THAT is what customer service is all about !!!

I can't wait to get them back in my hands and get to painting again.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ya badger is great with fixing air brushes without any hassle. I sent in my badger 2020s and velocties a few times and they fixed it.

Off topic a bit; Sadly i got tired of replacing parts and sending them in and switched to iwata, and haven't had the need to replace parts or send them in like i did with badgers.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
Jesse321
Galactus

I have 2 Iwata's and I hate them both.

To Badger's credit, there was nothing wrong with the airbrushes other than lousy treatment from me ... I even offered to pay for them to fix them, because I knew it wasn't their fault ... they still fixed them for free.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Weird, i have more issues with the badgers then the iwatas. Never tried to send in iwatas if they have the service badger does tho.

Guess its all a matter of what works for you.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
Jesse321
Galactus

I have about a dozen or more brushes, 4 Sotar 20/20's, 2 Renegade Velocity's, an Infinity, a Pashee, 2 Iwatas, and 2 old Aztec's, and I can't remember the others.

While each one is good for something ... the ones that I use the least are the 2 Iwatas ... as a matter of fact, I honestly can't remember the last time I even touched them.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Hey, guys, I have a problem with my 360. Was wondering if you could help me. Or maybe I should just send it to Badger?
The problem is when I thin some paints a lot, the paint bubbles out the back of the brush and goes all over my finger.
I'm guessing that there's a rubber seal in there that is probably going bad. Do you think my method of cleaning(soaking it in Windex) is causing the seal to go bad?
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
Hey, guys, I have a problem with my 360. Was wondering if you could help me. Or maybe I should just send it to Badger?
The problem is when I thin some paints a lot, the paint bubbles out the back of the brush and goes all over my finger.
I'm guessing that there's a rubber seal in there that is probably going bad. Do you think my method of cleaning(soaking it in Windex) is causing the seal to go bad?

that the 360 where you can turn the head 360? if so that was one of my first airbrushes and still have 2 of them.

Badgers i found out that i need to use bees wax to seal all the heads down. For the 360 i use the windsor newton paint cleaner to really get all the caked up paint gone, with tiny brush like wires to clean it up.

once i get it all clean and put it together i scrape out some bees wax and mush it in my fingers. Get it nice and soft and smush it on the threading before i attach the head assembly. When i tighten the head assembly i make sure i didnt throw to much on where the wax will get into the air flow, just enough to get between threadings. Once the head is on, i then smush more wax around the seem of the head to the core of the brush.

I been doing this to my badgers a long time, its a old school method of sealing the heads to the brushes. Way i was taught from my professor in college who used to airbrush.

bees wax for airbrushes comes in a tiny cup and will last you a lifetime, i am still using the same wax i had in 1998.

I tried using it for i----as and not a good idea. Badgers seem to work better with the wax.

Also if you get used to it, the more extreme way is to use a match and melt the wax up a bit once its on the brush. But thats a tricky way of doing it and have to get a lot of practice with that method, or else you can melt the wax into the air flow chamber.

If you dont want to mess with wax, can use teflon tape but if you use to much in the threads can be a pain to get it off down the line. I use teflon on the quick disconnects adapters on all my brushes.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Yeah, that's the one. It's my 2nd airbrush. My first is and old Paasche that I never used for models. Simply because I haven't bought a new fine needle.
Anyway, I've read about the WN cleaner. I'll have to get some of that and the wax. Thanks for the tips!
Are you saying the part with the paint bowl comes off? Where it spins 360?
That's where the paint is leaking out.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
skorpsta
Ghost

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
I have to give a MAJOR shout out to Badger Air-Brush Co., who not only fixed 4 of my airbrushes (3 Sotar 20/20's and a Renegade Velocity), they did it in under a week, and at no charge.

Ladies and Gentlemen, THAT is what customer service is all about !!!

I can't wait to get them back in my hands and get to painting again.
there cust service...to me sucked!..i have a model 175 cresendo..and when i got it..i filled out the warrenty..so when i went to use it the medium needle at the tip..had a bent hook on it.......so i called badger co..and they said..well..i will send you another no charge....bro that needle was put in a reg mailing envelop..and it was twisted and bent like a ...pretzel man!..so i called them back and they said.."im sorry there is nothing i can do for you"..you have to go and purchase one..jesse for a 7.00 needle bro..give me a dam break!....so i had to buy one..and..then when i was using the brush it was only spraying in single action..so once again i called them..and got the same tech on the phone she tried to guide me..but it was still defected..turned out that it was a internal problem..and she did not offer to replace it..fix it...or direct me to get another...so i threw it out!...anyway badger cust service was terriable to me...so i went a got a iwata eclipse hp-cs airbrush..and its works well for me...and there customer service to me is the best!..so good luck with your badger airbrushs..this is my experience..never buy another airbrush product again .
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #10
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
i know a friend on his iwata..said when his rubber gasket went when he un screws it he put a small piece of white plumber teflon tape on the threads..and no probs..not sure if this is the same issue you have.
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote