Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-20-2015, 05:41 AM   #1001
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
A lot of times, new designs will take over, sometimes for years, then at some point they revert back to the original, at least in essence if not a complete reversion. If you look at characters with long histories like Batman, you'll see this is often the case.

That's not to say the original is always better, just that it's a sort of permanent reference point or default that tends to hold up over time among fans. But maybe that's just me, and it might be mostly a comic thing, as history and chronology tends to be important to a lot of long-time comic fans.
Great points COI. All true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Is this the Spider-Man thread, or the Goblin wishlist thread?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
The bottom of the base is a really big disappointment. I get what they are doing but I don't like the art direction put into it. Maybe it will make more sense of they preview it with Green Goblin. If this is a stand alone piece then.......
Definitely not stand alone. Igo said this is a line and something came up about needing to redo Rhino to fit in.

I mentioned I liked my Rhino and then this exchange:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
That said I'm curious what makes this a "line" of Spider-Man statues? To me that says these must have some common theme beyond just being Spidey's typical villains. Will Rhino look out of place? Marvel PFs are just Marvel PFs so what makes this a line?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
What makes the line, or helps strengthen it, is how the bases are roughly themed. Overall the poses will be more dynamic and aggressive, less museum. I think the current Rhino will work fine, it's an amazing piece and while the base wont theme up exactly with the other bases, it will look awesome with the rest of the set. And for the record, no future Rhino is planned at all.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:50 AM   #1002
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I think the explosion effect looks great, this is supposed to be a moment frozen in time and that's how I'd imagine an incendiary type of Pumkin bomb explosion would look like.

Napalm explosion -

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:52 AM   #1003
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Great points COI. All true.

Yes.

Definitely not stand alone. Igo said this is a line and something came up about needing to redo Rhino to fit in.

I mentioned I liked my Rhino and then this exchange:
Igo or SSC needs to show the "other" piece that goes with Spidey if they want my money. Don't get me wrong, the lose and sculpt is fantastic. The fire smoke base, right now is not my cup of tea. If they have goblin ready, they need to show me that when this is ready to preorder.

The other thing is the price??? $470 for any PF is steep. Just don't see the value of this. I didn't buy the Akham Batman, joker or red son superman. I'm just not going to thow my hard earned money on this hobby much longer.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:56 AM   #1004
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Yeah, $470 as the new standard for a PF is quite a bit. But that must be what the market accepts, or the price wouldn't be that high.

And apparently, as much as I ----- and moan that it's too much, it's not enough to keep me away from this new Spidey PF.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:02 AM   #1005
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Cant wait for the Doc Ock PF, he will look great climbing on a similar construction beam themed base about to strike.

Also Lizard will work well with this industrial themed setting for the bases.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:14 AM   #1006
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Yeah, $470 as the new standard for a PF is quite a bit. But that must be what the market accepts, or the price wouldn't be that high.

And apparently, as much as I ----- and moan that it's too much, it's not enough to keep me away from this new Spidey PF.
PCS is much cheaper then this especially if you factor in there discounts. This is not the industry standard but SSC pricing. IMHO, they are testing the market. As I said in the other threads, the growth of inflation for this pass year is 10% too high.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:18 AM   #1007
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
PCS is much cheaper then this especially if you factor in there discounts. This is not the industry standard but SSC pricing. IMHO, they are testing the market. As I said in the other threads, the growth of inflation for this pass year is 10% too high.
PCS doesn't make the statues I want. So their prices are kinda irrelevant.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:41 AM   #1008
Rasp Lame
Fantastic Four

Wow the base really takes away from the statue. It's too busy, it distracts from Spider-Man and as others have pointed out 'explosions' are very hard to pull off in a statue. Spider-man is awesome through, especially the cool action pose. I was really keen to pre-order this day one but now I'm thinking i wont ever purchase it period. Just get rid of the explosion which would help reduce the cost too.
Rasp Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:46 AM   #1009
Agoniste111
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think the Green goblin pose will show him having just sent those pumpkin bombs, acting as a diorama with this piece. For the other rogues, I don't know how it will all connect
Agoniste111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:58 AM   #1010
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
PCS doesn't make the statues I want. So their prices are kinda irrelevant.
It's relevant if you want to compare prices to make an objective and logic comparison within this industry and market. Of course it's irrelevant for you if you go by character.
But the fact that PCS Kotal Kahn is 400$ paid in full is food for thoughts imho. That's a huge and very detailed piece, both in the sculpt and paint app.
Whoever thinks Sideshow is basing their retail price on the actual production costs is in denial.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote