Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > The Shifletts

Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

Bronze Noynub

my pics are terrible but here is our next bronze, the 'Noynub: Deal with the Devil' sculpt. He's making a deal humans/tech and is'nt sure about it.
Chad Ward will do the real ad and pic. Great Foundry Deep In The Heart in Bastrop. peace

j
shiflettbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

Bronze is where it's at. This rocks.

I myself am doing a lot more bronze these days too, and am finding the work to be satisfying beyond resin casting to a point where it's like art is new again. It helps that my foundry is only minutes away so I can go there any time.

Are you guys doing any of the prep work on the waxes or is your foundry doing everything?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
TheOldHob
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Wow, that looks great. Going to have to get that. Any idea when they're going up for sale yet? Or if the price will be similar to the Ol' Scratch?
TheOldHob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

Big Will!

what up. Man I like the bronzes too, they are a different thing totally , people respect them more so we ourselves look at them differently.
We have not messed with the waxes yet, but we were talking with the foundry about 2-upping an Ol' Scratch and they said then we would surely come in and look at it at least (in wax) before they went forward with it.
Love those new vision monsters you are doing, nice work there. peace brother

J
Old 03-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

Old Hob

hey thanks for asking, not sure yet on the price , proabbaly be a bit more than the Ol' Scratch just because it's so much bigger and cost a bit more to be produced.
We will try to keep it as low as possible because at this point we just want to be able to sell them and hopefully for people to see them in some comic stores and possibly galleries if any will have us.

jarrod
Old 03-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

If you get the chance I would recommend spending time at the foundry and getting to know the process hands-on. I am really lucky that my place is giving me all the time I want and showing me the ropes.

Love to see Scratch 2 up, and hope you guys keep melting the metal and sharing the glory.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
Closetnerd
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Wow guys, that looks pretty incredible! Bring one to SDCC to show off, ok? Just any old one lying around.........
Closetnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #8
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

W
Yeah we just went over and did a walk through of the foundry , it's about 4 hours away , not that bad of a drive .
It is bigger than I thought, think about 70 people so I was fairly impressed. They do a bunch of lifesize stuff too so I was like damn. Seeing the process and walking through just once did certainly help me to begin to grasp what was going on, definitely need to go back and hang out.

j