Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-17-2017, 06:35 PM   #2031
Pugilation
Doh!

Getting increasingly disappointed with customer services for Sideshow regarding this statue. It's my first purchase of what will probably be a decent number, got this as a wedding present for my wife as she is a huge Wolverine and Hulk fan. Wolverine's pauldron has a break in it and so far all I am being offered is $50 credit and "just glue it back together" as a solution. Not happy at all!
Pugilation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:23 PM   #2032
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Just ordered mine. Extremely nervous, since I used almost $400 in rewards, and those aren't refundable if I get a lemon.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:47 PM   #2033
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugilation View Post
Getting increasingly disappointed with customer services for Sideshow regarding this statue. It's my first purchase of what will probably be a decent number, got this as a wedding present for my wife as she is a huge Wolverine and Hulk fan. Wolverine's pauldron has a break in it and so far all I am being offered is $50 credit and "just glue it back together" as a solution. Not happy at all!
Man, everyone of these issues pains me. I can't fathom that being the service they're providing. I understand that maybe that can't exchange them all but that doesn't seem like a real effort either. Specially w how nice this is and everyone wanting to get what they're paying for.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:16 PM   #2034
craigcliff1
Zot

Got mine 3 months ago not one issue.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #2035
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Got mine 3 months ago not one issue.
same here
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #2036
FJC
Midnighter

Me too. Arrived minty fresh thankfully.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #2037
Pugilation
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
Man, everyone of these issues pains me. I can't fathom that being the service they're providing. I understand that maybe that can't exchange them all but that doesn't seem like a real effort either. Specially w how nice this is and everyone wanting to get what they're paying for.
I don't mind waiting to get a replacement part, especially as the sculpt, posing, colouring etc are all so awesome. It really is an amazing piece and we love it - it's just so disappointing the way that the aftersales is being dealt with. They were very pro-active with doing the extra ID checks they apparently have to do now, less so when there is a problem. Literally 1 emailed response in the last 2 weeks from them.
Pugilation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #2038
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The response time from Sideshow to emails was usually a week for each reply for my most recent replacement. Overall, it took me six weeks to get a replacement Newmar Catwoman statue from when I put in my request to receiving the replacement. I haven't had to request a replacement in awhile so I was pretty surprised at how long it took. A few years ago when Sideshow's quality control was absolute ----, I had 50% of my purchases going back for replacements and each one only took a few weeks so I don't know what's going on with them now.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #2039
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugilation View Post
I don't mind waiting to get a replacement part, especially as the sculpt, posing, colouring etc are all so awesome. It really is an amazing piece and we love it - it's just so disappointing the way that the aftersales is being dealt with. They were very pro-active with doing the extra ID checks they apparently have to do now, less so when there is a problem. Literally 1 emailed response in the last 2 weeks from them.

Just send it back and get a full refund and then buy it again..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #2040
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Me too. Arrived minty fresh thankfully.
Same, but let's not rub it in fellas.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote