Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #11
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post
I highly recommend Broken City by the 100 Bullets team of Azzarello and Risso. I'm pretty sure it immediately followed Hush but it's a fantastically dark noir story with no sidekicks, only 6 issues long and should be fairly easy to track down in a collected edition.
Such a good crime noir story. I actually like it better than Hush, but Jim Lee always gets a ton of Fan fair so it kinda got overshadowed by what came before.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:12 PM   #12
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Should check out Snyder's Court of owls run. There's some decent detective stuff in the first portion mixed with a good mystery of a story.
You know, I was really in love with this story until the big reveal of who Talon really was. I remember being disappointed and feeling like it was just too easy for the lore they already setup.

That said, I loved how it was almost like R.I.P in a sense that it tore Bruce down and had me as a reader feeling like "How the heck will he get out of this?" because Batman was kinda was surrounded by a true predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Strange Apparitions by Steve Englehart and Marshall Rogers comes immediately to mind.
Man this book is expensive, and I hope it at least goes up for sale on Comixology at some point. The artwork is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post
I highly recommend Broken City by the 100 Bullets team of Azzarello and Risso. I'm pretty sure it immediately followed Hush but it's a fantastically dark noir story with no sidekicks, only 6 issues long and should be fairly easy to track down in a collected edition.
I actually own this hardcover but haven't read it in years. Thanks for the reminder because I can't remember how the story unfolded.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:33 AM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Okay, I just read Batman Annual #2 which just came out this week, I believe. It’s great and very touching, actually. It’s become one of my favorite Batman stories after one reading, and after reading Batman for 50 years. You should pick this up.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #14
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Okay, I just read Batman Annual #2 which just came out this week, I believe. It’s great and very touching, actually. It’s become one of my favorite Batman stories after one reading, and after reading Batman for 50 years. You should pick this up.
Yeah, I got a little misty-eyed
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #15
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Do I need to read the other Tom King books first? I read All star Batman and thought that was pretty awesome.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:02 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Do I need to read the other Tom King books first? I read All star Batman and thought that was pretty awesome.
No, you don’t. This is self contained story.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:48 AM   #17
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I'm glad to hear that Tom King has made a such a touching story with Batman Annual # 2. I can't wait to read it actually, but i will... lol cause i follow Batman as rebirth deluxes. I hope the Batman Annual # 2 will be in the second deluxe. I actually have long way of catching up to when it comes to Batman but hearing the praises of Annual # 2 really ancouraged me, made me want to catch up more.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #18
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Yeah, I got a little misty-eyed
Same. And it was a great bonus that The Batman was graphically presented by Lee Weeks as a pre-New 52 Batman.