Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2017, 10:35 PM   #551
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I have the XM Wolverine and I can tell you that I like this statue better. I still like my XM one and don't regret buying it at all but this statue has superior head sculpts and the pose is a bit better. The base probably goes to XM but they are close
Agree 100%. I have the XM wolverine too and love it but other than the base this new SS wins all around.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #552
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Agree 100%. I have the XM wolverine too and love it but other than the base this new SS wins all around.
i take it like another Wolverine , an older "astonishing" Wolverine.. The XM one is a much younger Wolverine, i love it and will keep both. Don't you find the SS one looks older ?
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:58 AM   #553
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

wonder who sculpted this wolverine.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:14 AM   #554
StatueJunky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I am absolutely going to PO this day one. Looks amazing, love the sculpt.
StatueJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:10 AM   #555
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I agree with your sentiments...and you know I may be the biggest XM fan there is (arguably).

However, it still doesn't do anything to the fact it's pansy yellow and blue costume! This is what the brown and yellow should have been.
Yellow and blue costume ROCKS! I've got the COM, HULK and Wolverine MAQ, and the brown PF. I love them all but I grew up on classic yellow and blue Wolverine so that costume will always be my favorite. If this new PF had his classic yellow and blue costume, I'd be all over it and sell my COM to make room for it. However, since it's not, I'll end up passing on this.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:53 AM   #556
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I said I think this is the best yellow and blue Wolvie I have yet seen. But Wolverine in general...there are better...hell I think the brown and yellow one from SS is almost better just based on the color.

But that's just me!

Gotta love the heart you have for that company bro, hope it pays off.
But as far as SS-MC Hammer said it best - Can't touch this. Beastie Boys said it too- They got the skills to pay the bills. .

I'm a broken record, but when SS decides to flex their talents, like they did here- not even the Juggernaut can stop them! Maybe P1 but they are in a Bat frenzy ATM.

All fun banter. I love every collectors passion for the hobby. Without it, we wouldn't have the choices we do today. I hope you find that one true Brown suit Wolverine bud, I feel your pain as I wait for my perfect Hulk!

Just a little joke. Stop being such a costume racist. Jeez. Lol.

I am also waiting for a killer Brown suit Wolverine. The SS is fantastic but the base is just an eye sore.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:25 AM   #557
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post

Gotta love the heart you have for that company bro, hope it pays off.
But as far as SS-MC Hammer said it best - Can't touch this. Beastie Boys said it too- They got the skills to pay the bills. .

I'm a broken record, but when SS decides to flex their talents, like they did here- not even the Juggernaut can stop them! Maybe P1 but they are in a Bat frenzy ATM.

All fun banter. I love every collectors passion for the hobby. Without it, we wouldn't have the choices we do today. I hope you find that one true Brown suit Wolverine bud, I feel your pain as I wait for my perfect Hulk!

Just a little joke. Stop being such a costume racist. Jeez. Lol.

I am also waiting for a killer Brown suit Wolverine. The SS is fantastic but the base is just an eye sore.
I'm still in search of the perfect Hulk myself. I love the Gladiator/King Hulks that Sideshow did but I want a more classic version. Don't care for the OG Hulk or any of the later iterations except for the comiquette which comes the closest to what I want in a Hulk...only negative was that it was 1/5 scale and maybe the haircut lol. I think the XM Hulk Transformation piece will finally be the "perfect" Hulk for me but it's also expensive.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:03 AM   #558
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Since both the XM and new sideshow Wolvie are made up costumes of the character, the choice is easy for me. IMO, the Sideshow Wolvie smashes the XM Wolverine. It's not even close as far as I'm concerned and I'm a big fan of XM. Sideshow's new PF has a better pose, portraits, and costume. The only thing better about the XM Wolvie is the light up features. I like everything else more on this new PF.
Are you speaking about the yellow version? Because I am considering the brown costume to be release.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:07 AM   #559
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
i take it like another Wolverine , an older "astonishing" Wolverine.. The XM one is a much younger Wolverine, i love it and will keep both. Don't you find the SS one looks older ?
Sorry, I think i was not clear enough. My thoughts are on New XM Wolverine japanese x this
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:42 AM   #560
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Did you see the concept art for Brown Wolverine from XM? The 3D rendering is almost done. I think we are about to see the definitive Brown Wolverine we have all been waiting for! I love all the Wolverines coming out this year!
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote