Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #101
doc6731
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Bossk would be great, I'd love to see Zuckuss and For LOM even, very surprised they have not done a Jango Fett yet! Isn't he just an automatic sellout? What are they waiting for? I think an IG-88 would be awesome if it was tall enough, would have to be around 24 inches tall I think.
i think the reason we get all the eu characters is sideshow is really trying to spread out the top tier characters. i think in there mind the longer they spread out the main characters the longer the line will last. im sure they know that as long as they do them well charcetsr like jengo fett, emperor, stormtrooper, c 3p0, r2 d2 and so on will all sell very well. and im positive we will get them. i for one love seeing the obscure characters though because it makes for a very diverse display which is the reason i collect.

its time though that the next character we see be a OT character that people have been demanding. emperor seems like a logical choice. its fine and all to spread the line out but you cant make people wait to long. even though jedi luke is a character and im my opinion so far the best looking luke pf some of the other OT characters need some love and since the past 2 previews have been eu characers we should get the emperor next.

after that though i would love to see some jedi's done obi wan in clone armor, mace, kit fisto, ki adi mundi, luminarra, plo koon, shaak ti and the one i would like the most aayla. im not saying we should all of them i order but i would be disappointed if we didnt get most of those in the end. ill stop rambling now
doc6731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:43 AM   #102
Shadowcat
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Aurra Sing is a cool character. Liked her role in the few episodes of The Clone Wars this season opposite Cad Bane.
Shadowcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:48 AM   #103
Perfecto
Kindly Asked To Leave

Larger images are up at Premium-Format.de

3Q will be here before we know it...can't wait!!!!
Perfecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:50 AM   #104
Vallos
Jubilee

Good point, Doc. I have 30 good years left, I would prefer they relese these during this decade so I can enjoy the statues.

"Collect like you give a damn"... Ha... Hey, Sideshow... Sculpt and release like you give a damn! lol
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:20 AM   #105
doc6731
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Good point, Doc. I have 30 good years left, I would prefer they relese these during this decade so I can enjoy the statues.

"Collect like you give a damn"... Ha... Hey, Sideshow... Sculpt and release like you give a damn! lol
i would hope that we see the more requested main OT characters in this decade. i think a good balance is a OT main character, then 2nd tier character from the movies and then a eu character. that way no matter which your waiting for theres not a huge gap in between. now wehter they do that or not is anyones guess
doc6731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:09 AM   #106
Vallos
Jubilee

Based on the dates on Sideshow, here is the chronological order of release.

Luke Skywalker - 11/04 (ANH)
Han Solo - 01/06 (ANH)
Leia - 01/06 (ANH)
Obi-Wan - 04/06 (ANH)
Darth Vader - 07/06 (ANH)
Luke and Yoda - 07/06 (TESB)
General Grievous - 07/06 (ROTS)
Darth Maul - 02/07 (TPM)
Boba Fett - 03/07 (TESB)
Scout Trooper (Bike) - 05/07 (ROTJ)
Anikan Skywalker (Darth Vader) - 02/08 (ROTS)
Asajj Ventress - 05/08 (EU)
Tuskin Raider - 06/08 (ANH)
Luke Skywalker (Attendee Edition) - 11/08 (ANH)
Slave Leia - 11/08 (ROTJ)
Scout Trooper - 02/09 (ROTJ)
Count Dooku - 05/09 (AOTC)
Yoda & Clone Trooper - 07/09 (ROTS)
Darth Talon - 10/09 (EU)
Luke Skywalker (Knight) - 12/09 (ROTJ)
Aurra Sing - 03/10 (TPM)

A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace
2 (1, if you count Aurra Sing as part of EU)
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
Extended Universe
2 (3, if you count Aurra Sing as part of EU)
Old 03-12-2010, 05:23 AM   #107
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Although this is not a release I have a particularly interesting in owning, she's an impressive figure nonetheless. The portrait looks good and the figure as a whole looks well executed. It will be of interest to see if the production pieces can recreate this for the collectors whom have placed an order.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #108
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
I agree that the face is androgynous, which makes her a bit less feminine (I agree with you Dechirico). However, I'm totally in love with the whole presentation of this display. The base is phenomenal and perfectly compliments her stance, and while I'm a bit displeased with her face, it is similar to the actress that portrayed her in the film. Further more, the body is very pleasing to the eye, and the costuming adds a lot of detail to the statue. Then there is the exclusive saber trophy case! This is an excellent premium format and I couldn't be more happy to have it on order!
Ok, you convinced me.
I placed my pre-order for the exclusive today. Not sure I really need the exclusive, but I have plenty of time to think about it.
The exclusive was still available this morning, so lets hope the edition number is tiny!
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #109
Vallos
Jubilee

Welcome, aboard!

The whole pieces just seems well balanced and has a nice flow to it. For a lack of a better term, it all seems smooth.

I believe the edition size will be around 550 for the exclusive, and 700 for the regular.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #110
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

While I personally have very little interest in shelling out PF level money for minor characters (in my eyes) such as this, she does look very nicely done indeed in my opinion, and I think that those who do happen to be interested in this should (hopefully) be very pleased by it when it finally hits, just as long as the final version matches the quality shown here in these pics.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote