Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #31
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I hope so. I just don't remember seeing anything like that in the trailers thus far. Maybe I need to go back and look at some screenshots.

When I first saw the predator's armor I simultaneously laughed and facepalmed, but, it's grown on me and has reached acceptable levels. I've always liked the bio mask. As long as this predator does his part of being a badass, I'll be happy. I have no hope for the story in the film. Sounds utterly ridiculous.

Besides, we've had worse predator designs - Elder's cape, Scar's face, the Classic predator suit in Predators...

That's my thought. AVP Requiem was only ok but the Wolf is the most bad ass of all Predators seen on screen imo. As long as this Fugitive Predator kicks ass on screen, I'll look at adding this bust to my collection somehow. I used to collect all the Sideshow Predator bios and it's amazing how far we've come. Honestly, the Sideshow bios weren't that great but that was really the only choice I had. This bio and the bust itself are on a whole other level quality-wise compared to the Predator busts and bios we've seen in the past.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:34 AM   #32
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARD View Post
Absolutely pass.
OH! thank you for letting us know! I was really waiting to hear if you were getting this or not.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:22 PM   #33
qz33
Doctor Doom

So what is this guys a lifesize bust or a lifesize full statue or something else?
EDIT: Ok I went through it all and it's a 1:1 Bust.

F A N T A S T I C !!!

I don't care how bad the movie is I'll get this base on looks alone. Hopefully P1 will do a line of man many busts including movie and comic adaptations.
I love a an 8-10 deep set. All lined up on opposite walls with some masked some unmasked; it would truly be centerpiece.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:32 PM   #34
DPmaster

It's a life size bust with removable bios.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:11 PM   #35
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
It's a life size bust with removable bios.
And it comes with 2 masks, clean and damaged?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:05 PM   #36
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
And it comes with 2 masks, clean and damaged?
That’s under debate as of yet some say it will be an ex. It doesnt really matter, this looks fantastic. And i really dont like this armour design. But the way this is excecuted... and that portrait, and the light up function, semi-translucent resin?! P1 got me on the fence. I couldnt be more excited about the future!
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:54 AM   #37
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Im kinda tore on the battle damage mask. It kind of looks like there might be a little too much damage which could be slightly distracting, missing the one lens may look pretty good when you have the helm displayed. I am starting to lean towards the clean mask.. however his armor is pretty damaged so that might look weird not having any marks on the mask... Does the clean mask have the LED laser sight? I only see it on the Damaged from the pictures.

Chances are I will always have him displayed unmasked, So I guess it will come down to price on the damaged and if the clean version has a LED laser sight.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:28 PM   #38
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I really hope that's not a seam line where the forehead meets the upper head...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Looks like a natural ridge. As much as I completely dislike this guys outfit. That unmasked head looks great!
Just to clarify - you were right. You can tell it's just part of the design in that Sisko video.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:47 PM   #39
DPmaster

I'm all in on this one. Don't think I've ever seen a Predator bust with attachable bio mask at this quality level in all my years of collecting...not an officially licensed product at least. This is next level stuff imo. Going to support it so that hopefully more busts like this come out in the future. Jungle Hunter, City Hunter, Wolf, Lost Clan! Sorry for getting ahead of myself but just don't want a situation like the Independence Day license.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:54 AM   #40
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
I'm all in on this one. Don't think I've ever seen a Predator bust with attachable bio mask at this quality level in all my years of collecting...not an officially licensed product at least. This is next level stuff imo. Going to support it so that hopefully more busts like this come out in the future. Jungle Hunter, City Hunter, Wolf, Lost Clan! Sorry for getting ahead of myself but just don't want a situation like the Independence Day license.
I think we are there with you all the way bud.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote