Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #31
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The African-American thing seems a bit vague to me, Africa is a continent not a country, and a big one at that, with many different groups of people. Ultimately, isnt everyone African, if you trace your lineage back far enough? But how far back do you go?
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:07 AM   #32
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromesamurai
I refuse to call Christmas anything other than that. That is what it is. I don't put up a friggin' "holiday" tree.

I refuse to call different ethnic groups "_________-Americans." That is insulting in many ways AND inaccurate. The only black people, for instance, that should be called African-Americans are ones actually hailing from Africa. And there are white people in Africa too. And are you going to imply that any black person HAS to be of African decent? There are black people all over the world! And Blank-Americans implies that you're not quite an American. If you're born in this country, YOU'RE AMERICAN! Period. If you are not a citizen of this country, and you come from Russia, you're RUSSIAN. If you pass the citizenship test, you're now AMERICAN. And I swear to whatever god you believe in, if someone starts using "Homosexual-American" I'm going to contract AIDS just so I can bite them in the face..
I agree 100% with the whole whatever-american thing. It just divides the country up even more. You don't get minorities calling themselves African British over here. the only time you ever have to say that, is on job applications.

And normally if a black person does say where he is from, it is never africa but the caribbean
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:11 AM   #33
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessor

Whites aren't "white" in color and blacks are "black" in color. But I still never saw that as a derogatory term. But then again, since when as logic and reason played a role in such things.
but blacks are not black any more because of mixed race. I have absolutely no probs with this whatsover.

One thing I have always wondered about - and I don't mean this in a horrible way - why do black people - and I mean people with REALLY dark skin) sunbathe?!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:07 AM   #34
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

If you want Political INcorrectness, come out to the NYC Mafia gathering tonight - Me, Sniper, Coca, Dura, Galactus and CK13 all in the same place at the same time with the usual cast of characters.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote