Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #111
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
That is tiny. I'm sticking with my 18" action figures.
I don't think it's tiny. Especially for those of us that want over 30 of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
the ES is TBD. There no actual prototype thats painted. Just a pic. I hope it sells.
huh?

That is a prototype.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:35 PM   #112
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Tiny for me. I need my giant robots to look like actual giant robots. That's just me.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:39 AM   #113
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Tiny for me. I need my giant robots to look like actual giant robots. That's just me.
Well, XM has you covered and it'll cost you $2k for your troubles.

This fits in with the Masterpiece line and it's believable that you could get an in scale combiner.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:19 AM   #114
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Well, XM has you covered and it'll cost you $2k for your troubles.

This fits in with the Masterpiece line and it's believable that you could get an in scale combiner.
That's fine for a Masterpiece collector, which I am not. I just love the movie and remember playing with the original toys as a kid and watching the cartoon. I've been staring at an 18" tall Optimus for a year and I love it, so seeing the size of this was kind of deflating. Not interested in combiners, but if PCS does a MetroPlex I might jump on that.

And yeah I seriously considered the XM Starscream and Optimus for about a whopping 2 seconds! I don't see myself shelling out that much cash for a couple of statues. Not when there are so many other pieces that money could go toward. No offense to anyone who does buy the XM transformer statues. If they can afford it then go for it.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #115
the-owl
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

im going to wait and see what the actual figure looks like before jumping on these. tiny and dont know how the paint app is actually going to look like
the-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:08 PM   #116
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I don't think it's tiny. Especially for those of us that want over 30 of them...

huh?

That is a prototype.
What I mean is normally PCS has a printed or hand sculpted figure you could touch that's painted by pre-order. This is a digital artwork/prototype concept for a pre-order. You don't get the actual picture of the figure or paint app on a solid prototype. Either way Im going to wait.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #117
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
What I mean is normally PCS has a printed or hand sculpted figure you could touch that's painted by pre-order. This is a digital artwork/prototype concept for a pre-order. You don't get the actual picture of the figure or paint app on a solid prototype. Either way Im going to wait.
It's not, that's the actual figure printed and painted, not sure why you think it's a render.

Saw someone say the same thing for slaine which is really weird, we see renders all the time, colored renders are generally pretty obvious and often look like ---- ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:46 PM   #118
BurningRage
Inhumans

Up at BBTS no nrd.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:12 PM   #119
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
It's not, that's the actual figure printed and painted, not sure why you think it's a render.

Saw someone say the same thing for slaine which is really weird, we see renders all the time, colored renders are generally pretty obvious and often look like ---- ;p
My bad.Thanks for clarifying dao2.

I saw this pic a while back. For some reason I'm thinking that Optimus is a digital image. For my personal taste I don't like the size and this paint app.I know I won't be collecting this line now. I hope this sells so collector's who buy can go deeper down the line.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:47 PM   #120
strezz_dout
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I saw that BBTS had this in the description:

Optimus Prime stands approximately 10 1/2" tall (13" tall with swap out Energy Axe arm attached) and features swap out parts to offer collectors multiple display options.

That makes me feel a little better about size.
strezz_dout is offline   Reply With Quote