Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-25-2008, 01:32 AM   #11
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Cannonball II has 22 names that I recognize!
That's a tie...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:21 AM   #12
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I can come up with about 26 for JFK, just under 20 for Any Given Sunday and over 30 for Nixon.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:20 AM   #13
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Cannonball II has 22 names that I recognize!

It's been far too long since I've seen that.. I smell rental/Amazon lovin' soon.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:40 AM   #14
Sledge Hammer!

Thin Red Line has over 20 as well.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:49 AM   #15
Tattoo-X

Here's a movie that doesn't have that many stars, but it's interesting to see where they are now. It's Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:05 AM   #16
Rocket
Art of Mod

The original Around The World In 80 Days, had over 20 by my recollection, the star names were used in the advertising campaign
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:53 AM   #17
Sledge Hammer!

Pulp Fiction must have had nigh on 20.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #18
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
I can come up with about 26 for JFK, just under 20 for Any Given Sunday and over 30 for Nixon.
Without using the Archive footage that they use of JFK and others I just about reached 20. Same with Nixon - did you count the archive footage credits? And should archive footage really count?

Just wondering what the parameters were...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #19
Sledge Hammer!

No, didnt count archive footage at all. I guess I'm just more familiar with character actors than you are, perhaps? I am a huge movie geek...

JFK: Kevin Costner, Donald Sutherland, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Bacon, Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Joe Pesci, Gary Oldman, John Candy, Michael Rooker, Ed Asner, Sissy Spacek, Laurie Metcalf, Vincent D'Onofrio, Sally Kirkland, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Wayne Knight, Lolita Davidovich, Jay O. Sanders, Frank Whaley, Bob Gunton, John Larroquette, Ron Rifkin, Brian Doyle-Murray, Dale Dye, Oliver Stone - that's 26

Nixon: Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Bob Hoskins, Joan Allen, Powers Boothe, James Woods, J.T. Walsh, Mary Steenburgen, E.G. Marshall, David Paymer, Paul Sorvino, David Hyde-Pierce, Larry Hagman, Edward Hermann, Dan Hedaya, Annabeth Gish, Madeline Kahn, Fyvush Finkel, Saul Rubinek, John C. McGinley, Tony Goldwyn, Tom Bower, Robert Beltran, Tony Lo Bianco, John Diehl, Michael Chiklis, Bridgette Wilson, Ric Young, Bai Ling, Jon Tenney, Marley Shelton, James karen, John Stockwell - that's 33

And every one of those, except maybe Oliver Stone himself, is a 'known' actor or character actor, with a long history of familiar roles, of which I could instantly name several off the top of my head, and who I recognise instantly. Others mileage may of course vary.

Oh, and how about Wyatt Earp, which I get 22 names from, and 26 for both Tombstone and Short Cuts. But I get around 60 for The Player!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:31 PM   #20
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
JFK: Kevin Costner, Donald Sutherland, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Bacon, Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Joe Pesci, Gary Oldman, John Candy, Michael Rooker, Ed Asner, Sissy Spacek, Laurie Metcalf, Vincent D'Onofrio, Sally Kirkland, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Wayne Knight, Lolita Davidovich, Jay O. Sanders, Frank Whaley, Bob Gunton, John Larroquette, Ron Rifkin, Brian Doyle-Murray, Dale Dye, Oliver Stone - that's 26

Have no idea who those people are...

Nixon: Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Bob Hoskins, Joan Allen, Powers Boothe, James Woods, J.T. Walsh, Mary Steenburgen, E.G. Marshall, David Paymer, Paul Sorvino, David Hyde-Pierce, Larry Hagman, Edward Hermann, Dan Hedaya, Annabeth Gish, Madeline Kahn, Fyvush Finkel, Saul Rubinek, John C. McGinley, Tony Goldwyn, Tom Bower, Robert Beltran, Tony Lo Bianco, John Diehl, Michael Chiklis, Bridgette Wilson, Ric Young, Bai Ling, Jon Tenney, Marley Shelton, James karen, John Stockwell - that's 33

These either!
Yeah - I consider myself a movie geek myself - but I still amazed at others knowledge of actors. Maybe it's different for everyone - I'm sure that others would have a hard time getting to 20 with those lists...

The Player is a great one. Even someone who isn't a movie fan would be able to list over 30!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote