Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Mad Max: Fury Road

I've been beyond excited for this film for years now. Looks as if this is finally moving forward.

Source: ABC News

Quote:
Aussie film director George Miller says pre-production work will start next week on the latest Mad Max film, which is to be produced in New South Wales.

Thirty years after the release of the original Mad Max, Miller is preparing to head out west for Fury Road - the fourth instalment of the popular franchise.

Filming on Fury Road will begin in NSW in August 2010.

Casting for the lead role is already underway, but the big question is whether Mel Gibson is set to return as the star.

Miller is staying tight-lipped about who he would like to take the lead.

It is rumoured Australian Sam Worthington and South African actress Charlize Theron could be cast.

"It could be Mel, it could be anyone. In fact, I'm looking around at these faces to see if anyone's quite interesting here," Miller said at a press conference.

NSW Premier Nathan Rees was even offered the role.

"What about you? Do you want it? Sorry, you'd have to get your hair cut," Miller said to Rees.

'Important boost'

Mr Rees says the project is an important boost for the state's economy, as well as the local film industry.

"The Mad Max films are iconic and the latest instalment - Fury Road - will be made right here in NSW," he said.

"In the hands of director George Miller, we will see one of the largest and most ambitious live action films ever made in Australia."

Mr Rees says the production will create around 540 jobs over two-and-a-half years.

"Times have been tough for our local industry," he said.

"I am pleased that our assistance from the Film and Television Industry Attraction Fund helped secure this film for NSW."

'Like football'

Miller launched his career with Max Max in 1979. He has since gone on to direct box office hit Happy Feet and produce Babe.

He says Fury Road is important for the Australian film industry.

"Hollywood has cut its production in half. Big movies like Fury Road and Happy Feet are rare and competitively sought after in all the filmmaking regions of the world," Miller said.

"The production agreements have been a long time in the making. Premier Rees and his team have worked like Trojans to ensure this substantial investment comes into this country.

"These are complex and challenging films and funding them is a big leap of faith by Warner Bros.

"Not only does it help fuel the local economy, but it means many talented people get a chance to practise their craft and lift their skills," he added.

"Making movies is like football. How can you achieve excellence if you get to play only once in a blue moon?"

CarriageWorks, based in Sydney's Redfern, will be used for development work on Fury Road, as well as a motion capture studio for Miller's upcoming Happy Feet 2.

Around 30 weeks of filming of Fury Road will take place in and around Broken Hill.

The original Mad Max was filmed in Victoria, Mad Max 2 was filmed around Broken Hill and the third Mad Max was shot in Coober Pedy, South Australia.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Additional images/videos
Old 10-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Looking forward to this. Production is near where I live, might try and get some PA job. Then drive away in one of the cars
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Looking forward to this. Production is near where I live, might try and get some PA job. Then drive away in one of the cars
lol... DO IT!!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:21 AM   #5
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

I don't know what to think of it...

The third one was pretty bad...

It looks like Hollywood is running out of creative people.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:50 AM   #6
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Very close to me too . . . although I'd try for being an extra . . . all I need to do is shave my head, and paint a few flames down the side of my Mazda and I could be in with a shot
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:58 AM   #7
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Very close to me too . . . although I'd try for being an extra . . . all I need to do is shave my head, and paint a few flames down the side of my Mazda and I could be in with a shot

Another quality Aussie production!! Bout time!!!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:42 AM   #8
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
I don't know what to think of it...

The third one was pretty bad...

It looks like Hollywood is running out of creative people.
Well speaking for myself I liked Beyond Thunderdome and unlike most of the creatively bankrupt productions Hollywood has been churning out of late this is being helmed by the same guy who wrote and directed the entire series. This is a passion project and something he has been trying to get of the ground for over a decade.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:31 AM   #9
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This short documentary was part of the link I posted above from AICN but deserves it's own post. Great stuff.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nmiXUrbbfl8&border=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nmiXUrbbfl8&border=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>
Old 10-30-2009, 02:07 AM   #10
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks like Charlize Theron and British actor Tom Hardy have landed roles. Hardy in the title role.

Apparently the movie takes place a short while after the story detailed in 1985’s “Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.”

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2009/1...tom-hardy.html