Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #31
Babytoxie
Ghost

Five-O

We finally get Mike's backstory!

Great episode - took us from the heights of his rage to the depths of his sorrow. Jonathan Banks gets an A+.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:13 AM   #32
whd
Suicide Squad

Another solid episode! Nice to see Banks carry the ball, since he has had almost nothing to do so far on this series.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #33
johnclone
The Enchantress

Some incredible acting!
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:14 AM   #34
Babytoxie
Ghost

"Pimento"

Vince Gilligan & crew continue to do a stellar job with this series. If you know what's coming with Breaking Bad, then a big part of the fun of this show is wondering if "this" is the event that leads to "that", and so on. Last night's episode was full of "this-es".

I did find the scene with Mike and the two thugs meeting in the parking garage to be very strange. The loudmouth thug was exactly right: why in the world would Mike show up without a gun? And then for it to go down like that, well... Mike is cool, but that whole scene was too "super-heroish" for this show.

I believe next week is the season finale...
Old 04-07-2015, 08:51 AM   #35
Babytoxie
Ghost

"Marco" - Season 1 finale

This is the only episode of the season that has left me feeling unsatisfied - perhaps because I expected more from its finale. While BCS and Breaking Bad excel at using slow pacing to build suspense, "Marco" relied on it far too much. The bingo scene, in particular, drove me crazy. I get that it is highlighting Jimmy's disillusionment and anger, but did it really need to go on for that long? And his return to Chicago... good grief. Those two parts took up about half of the episode; time that could have been better spent elsewhere.

However, I'll certainly tune in for Season 2.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #36
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I kept watching the clock thinking "when is it gonna get good this is a season finale" I finally gave up at the 10:50pm mark haha.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #37
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
This is the only episode of the season that has left me feeling unsatisfied - perhaps because I expected more from its finale. While BCS and Breaking Bad excel at using slow pacing to build suspense, "Marco" relied on it far too much. The bingo scene, in particular, drove me crazy. I get that it is highlighting Jimmy's disillusionment and anger, but did it really need to go on for that long? And his return to Chicago... good grief. Those two parts took up about half of the episode; time that could have been better spent elsewhere.

However, I'll certainly tune in for Season 2.
I completely agree with you Babytoxie, that of the entire 1st season which I've seen all of, and some episodes more than once because they are so good, this episode really fell short of all expectations. I was so unimpressed and at the end it felt like the whole thing was just a very contrived way of taking Jimmy and making him a con man again by the end of the episode.

His pal in Chicago was so obviously just a writer's tool, their cons were disappointingly lame, and what a convenient time for the guy to have a heart attack.

I'm going to try to forget this episode exists and never watch it again. Season 2 should still have some great moments, but in my mind I'll just think that Chuck's betrayal turned Jimmy back to the dark side.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #38
Babytoxie
Ghost

Glad to hear it from both of you. I kept thinking "why am I not enjoying this episode? Am I missing something?"

Yes, if the Chuck angle were focused on more, it would have made for a better story. I understand why Jimmy wanted to get away from Albuquerque for a while, but his time in Chicago just seemed awkward.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:06 PM   #39
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Last week's episode of season two, "Nailed" was just as good and intense as any episode of Breaking Bad. Yikes. I'm looking forward to the season finale tonight.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:55 PM   #40
johnclone
The Enchantress

Despite the slow snail's pace of the show, it has been an enjoyable season. I'm disappointed that it was so short. Last week's episode was one of the strongest so far in the show's 2 seasons, tonight should be insane.

I don't think Chuck will die, so that hitting his head on the counter might do something to hurt their already strained relationship as brothers, if the tampering with files didn't already do that. Maybe Jimmy will be banished from the Chuck residence.

Can't wait to see the finished tv ad run.

What the hell is Mike planning?