Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #701
The Co11ector
Birdman
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
Some of the feathers go in straight, others at an upward angle. So don't push too hard if one doesn't go in, just change the angle and try again. And make sure the feather number matches the number on the hole.

Thank you Archery for the advice I will try again.
The Co11ector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #702
The Co11ector
Birdman
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I think this company has gone to the dark side. I was super excited about PCS but I don't see myself ordering from them again. No matter the piece.
I'm starting to lean that way myself. Its frustrating to see where PCS is headed when I adored them for so long.
The Co11ector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #703
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I think this company has gone to the dark side. I was super excited about PCS but I don't see myself ordering from them again. No matter the piece.
I felt this way at one point, but I recently got back the refunds I was due and I've been very pleased with Kotal, Kintaro and Nash. So PCS are earning back my trust.

I think you guys all know the drill by now. Don't PO a piece unless you are SURE you want it because it won't be released on time and getting the NRD back WILL take a long time (until the refunds issue is resolved).

Having said that, with all the factory pictures being shown on Facebook, it seems the production line is back on track. Hopefully PCS can shorten the PO to release window from 2.5 years to 1 year at some point in the future.

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #704
dao2
Cyclops

Going forward red ant mention to that like F4F and prime one they'll be showing production sample statues from the factory as opposed to just prototypes so they can cut down on the weights and also you know so we don't like get those changes that we all get worried about

I don't know when this is going to happen like Sagat is a prototype he told me I believe but yeah I guess that's the plan which sounds cool cuz that old that'll cut down on wait times cuz I'll have like you know I'll guess it already approved and everything and also you know it won't be like a prototype that you know usually PCS is pretty solid on catching it they're not like Sideshow that make like a f****** exhibition piece that they had don't really care if they match it or not when it comes to production but you know sometimes some details do change

Sorry for the likes and cuz and stuff I'm doing the voice to text on my phone
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #705
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Going forward red ant mention to that like F4F and prime one they'll be showing production sample statues from the factory as opposed to just prototypes so they can cut down on the weights and also you know so we don't like get those changes that we all get worried about

I don't know when this is going to happen like Sagat is a prototype he told me I believe but yeah I guess that's the plan which sounds cool cuz that old that'll cut down on wait times cuz I'll have like you know I'll guess it already approved and everything and also you know it won't be like a prototype that you know usually PCS is pretty solid on catching it they're not like Sideshow that make like a f****** exhibition piece that they had don't really care if they match it or not when it comes to production but you know sometimes some details do change

Sorry for the likes and cuz and stuff I'm doing the voice to text on my phone
Every company should be doing this. Especially ss!!!! Red ant once again saves the day. Great news.

I wish you could of asked him why companies didn't start doing this years ago maybe some barrier involved?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #706
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Every company should be doing this. Especially ss!!!! Red ant once again saves the day. Great news.

I wish you could of asked him why companies didn't start doing this years ago maybe some barrier involved?
It's a lot of money to get to that point likely tbh, and it may be difficult to get a factory on board with doing this unless they know how many they are going to make (orders) and also if something is cancelled because of not enough orders you just wasted a ton of money. Also switching over to it isn't as easy, changing processes takes time and usually has some bumps along the way. Also shifting gears like that will leave a hole in your PO schedule which can be tough to deal with because you need revenue. Also no reason to change what is if it's working :P SS' stuff sells out anyways, vote with your wallet :P

And probably a host of other reasons you can think of :P IIRC Jerry wanted to do this even before red ant came on board, but such things are not easy to just change :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:29 AM   #707
aeongaiden666
Frackin!

Prime 1 are in every shape or form dominating the market. They literally took over licences of every single popular 80s n 90s tv shows. Have you seen their G1 Starscream and Macross lineup? Insane!
aeongaiden666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:00 AM   #708
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Just by setting dates and setting the refund policy they have to be committed to these new dates and believe they can get them done for then or they are gonna be refunding people....

All the pieces that have been delayed feel like a huge bump in the road but as soon as they are out hopefully it's all straight roads.....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #709
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

I got my Sun god today and i'm very impressed. It's such a shame these pieces have taken so long as PCS have done such a great job on this, the details are awesome and the work on the head dress and the skin texture is so well done.

My only problems are. the base is a little lacking and looks soft in places, probably due to paints and the hand holding the heart, the blood just cuts off at the hand and doesn't run down the arm, look a little unnatural but both are minor nitpicks and look fine as a whole.

Kotal himself really pops,his paints are nigh on perfect, you are really drawn to him. It's one reason i went for Sun God over the other as the Yellow on the blue/green skin just really works.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #710
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator