Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-16-2017, 12:45 AM   #341
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yep we're opposites again
Vega and Ken are my Ultra favorites so far. I hated the SFV Ken.
I think both Ultra Kens are superb but I didn't order either yet I intend to own both.

Statue land is just over saturated. Plus PCS has been hitting hard and heavy both with orders and deliveries.
Since Christmas time (middle of December) I've had 9 statues come due for shipping, 6 PCS and 3 XMs. Then there was the Scorpion bust and not long before that was Mileena.
That's a wallop especially with Christmas.

Then there's the uncertainty.
As a collector I've had to adjust as I can't spend money collecting all over the place not knowing the future of lines.
Can I get the main cast in Ultra? I'm sure even Jerry doesn't really know. If so, sounds great, otherwise I probably don't need to bother. MKX 1/4s are all but dead, nothings been delivered and even if things were at this time I'd probably pass on PCS's intentions of tremor or Ferra/Tor. It's just been too long.
Then there's the ever present Chinese factory factor.

Then there's the wait time. Even a year but definitely with two I can wait. See how things go, what else gets released, where my mind is in 2 years. This isn't Criticising PCS just a fact of collecting.

Still wish this was a little more irresistible though. A 1/4 Shoryuken Ken with flames would be a certain buy but apparently that isn't original enough even though I've never seen one. Mainstream popular tastes may be too common but sometimes you just want a cheeseburger.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:57 AM   #342
strife87
Spider-Ham

I agree with a lot of what you say qz on Christmas and the statue market.

Opposite of your take on sf5 Ken though, i enjoy the updated look, but that's personal preference of course.

Always liked Ken but I've become a bigger fan this past year as we've spent a lot of time together but between the mm coming in a few months and the 1/3 in the future i didn't need this particular version. Honestly, a dragon punch Ken most likely would have made me purchase. This one, while nice, didn't grab me enough to buy it.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:37 AM   #343
waeguk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

If I cancel my PO, will i get full refund?
waeguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #344
addic
The X-Men

As long as you cancel it within the 30-days grace period, then yes.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #345
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yep we're opposites again
Vega and Ken are my Ultra favorites so far. I hated the SFV Ken.
I think both Ultra Kens are superb but I didn't order either yet I intend to own both.

Statue land is just over saturated. Plus PCS has been hitting hard and heavy both with orders and deliveries.
Since Christmas time (middle of December) I've had 9 statues come due for shipping, 6 PCS and 3 XMs. Then there was the Scorpion bust and not long before that was Mileena.
That's a wallop especially with Christmas.

Then there's the uncertainty.
As a collector I've had to adjust as I can't spend money collecting all over the place not knowing the future of lines.
Can I get the main cast in Ultra? I'm sure even Jerry doesn't really know. If so, sounds great, otherwise I probably don't need to bother. MKX 1/4s are all but dead, nothings been delivered and even if things were at this time I'd probably pass on PCS's intentions of tremor or Ferra/Tor. It's just been too long.
Then there's the ever present Chinese factory factor.

Then there's the wait time. Even a year but definitely with two I can wait. See how things go, what else gets released, where my mind is in 2 years. This isn't Criticising PCS just a fact of collecting.

Still wish this was a little more irresistible though. A 1/4 Shoryuken Ken with flames would be a certain buy but apparently that isn't original enough even though I've never seen one. Mainstream popular tastes may be too common but sometimes you just want a cheeseburger.

Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #346
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I like the kick pose quite a bit on this one. I see a lot of people saying they would have ordered if it was an SRK, but I feel like that has been done with the diorama PCS did.

For me this is character fatigue. For me personally. The price is probably part of it as well for a lot of people. The trend is going in this direction. But for me its more about the character fatigue. I sort of rolled my eyes when I saw the 1/4 Akuma mixed media thread. Really? Another one? I get it, Akuma sells. Honda and Blanka prolly don't.

I wonder how Nash did? I think that statue looks amazing even though I didnt order it.

For what its worth I think they knocked this Ken out of the park. I think its really good. I think the pose is great, the base is great. The flame, I'd have to see in person probably. Sometimes the effects stuff is meh on a statue. But I have faith that PCS would do it well.

I think the Violent Ken variant is an awesome thing as well as its sort of a lost in time thing but now with the new HD remix being relevant again soon.

I'm fairly surprised this didnt insta sell out. Statue is a work of art for sure. And a lot is included with it with the flame/ 2 hands and 2 heads....
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #347
strife87
Spider-Ham

When hearing dragon punch, i immediately associate that with Ken, Ryu more fireball. The dio is cool but the characters are on the small side. For me, a dp Ken would have been really iconic.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:20 PM   #348
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Ken sales are a success in my eyes. Its a $500 statue (only 4 people ordered without the flame) so it will take time to sell out.

I will always find it bizarre how some focus on whether a piece sells out or not.

Im a collector myself and I never pay any attention to that. if I like it, I buy it. Very simple..
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:23 PM   #349
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Ken sales are a success in my eyes. Its a $500 statue (only 4 people ordered without the flame) so it will take time to sell out.

I will always find it bizarre how some focus on whether a piece sells out or not.

Im a collector myself and I never pay any attention to that. if I like it, I buy it. Very simple..
For me, I am concerned with sales since I would like to see a line continue. At times it seems that if pieces don't sell well, the line/license is cancelled.

It's a rough feeling.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #350
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
For me, I am concerned with sales since I would like to see a line continue. At times it seems that if pieces don't sell well, the line/license is cancelled.

It's a rough feeling.
The 1:4 and 1:3 SF statues are doing great.

The only hiccup is the 1:6 VTrigger. Ryu and Chun Li did well, but Necalli didnt do well and my fear is only the AList characters will sell at that scale, so we are adjusting our line plan to be all AList.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote