Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-13-2005, 09:21 AM   #11
ravageur
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystolle
Wow, $60. That was a great deal. The range I see this statue going for is $150 - $200.

Have you guys heard anything about an Alex Ross Conan Statue that will be released this fall I think. It accompanies a print that he is also doing? If this is true, that might be a very nice sculpt.
Yeah you're right, Dynamic Forces announced a statue of Conan according to a painting of Alex Ross made exclusively for this statue.
But there is no more news or pictures.
I think they will show something after the release of Red Sonja statue.
ravageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #12
StatueItis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Snake Pit

I had both the Conan and Snake Pit statues but I only needed one Conan and kept the Snake Pit. The detail is incredible on Snake Pit and the paint job beautiful. I don't know why the Conan is so much more expensive than the Ken Kelly Snake pit but I actually like Snake Pit better.

I also have the Red Sonja statue and like all the other Hard Hero fantasy line, it is excellent.
StatueItis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:59 PM   #13
The Chronic Collector
Doh!

Good luck getting one and not going broke. The last one I saw up for auction on E-bay was at $355.00. I'm glad I bought one a few years ago when Conan was not as hot as he is now.
The Chronic Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:59 AM   #14
gol
The Spirit

I own the snake pit as well. It's indeed very well modelled (although there's something weird with the right helmet horn like going into his arm), and huge. Paint job is ok IMHO - it's nice but the skin could have had fake shadows & more tones, while it's almost flat brown pink (on mine). But it's huge with a great pose and doesn't go unnoticed.
gol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:55 PM   #15
StatueItis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Snake Pit Statue

I never noticed the right helmet horn before. In fact it is not visible from most all angles. For me it is a non-issue since you can't really see it.

The paint job on mine is good as any other "pre-built" statue I have seen and better than most. What I really like about the Snake Pit statue is that it matches a story from the Conan series. If I get some time I will dig through the books and see which one the story is in.

The statue is big, but mostly in height and does not take up a huge amount of shelf space. My wife does not care much for the big snake though (neither did Conan).
StatueItis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #16
gol
The Spirit

My wife does not care much for the big snake

gol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #17
The Chronic Collector
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystolle
Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can find the Hard Hero Conan statue. I have been looking for it but have had no luck. I appreciate any info.

There is a Conan statue from Hard Heroes up for auction right now, it's a very low number and it's signed, check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
The Chronic Collector is offline   Reply With Quote