Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

» Spotlight
DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler DGK First 4 Figures Ornstein Exclusive DGK Gentle Giant SW Clone Trooper Upcoming Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2014, 12:43 AM   #31
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Super Moderator
 
Nidgit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Awe-strail-ya
Posts: 10,644
Gotta love you guys. You've gone from critiquing their bases and sculpts, to restructuring their business model
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:23 AM   #32
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 35,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Gotta love you guys. You've gone from critiquing their bases and sculpts, to restructuring their business model
All within a typical day's discussion in the XM section.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #33
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
 
Dark Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 393
My question is not an original idea as it relates to the industry. As you know, statue company collaborations have happened and are still happening. Knowing this fact is what prompted the question. So its not a far fetched idea. The worst that can happen is the companies say "No".

No matter the outcome, at least I asked the question.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #34
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
 
Spidey976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Logic View Post
Only for 1 or 2 pieces. Consider a digital sculpt designed by XM, produced and distributed by SS. Or designed by XM and produced with SS resources on XM's dime, and distributed by SS. I'm not sure how it could be structured, but if there's a will, there's a way. Maybe not soon, but in the future. Perhaps XM can arrange the deal where they produce the same pieces for the exclusive Asia market as well.
XM has already answered the questions about a joint operation before, and they just aren't interested in working with/for SSC right now. So consider your idea already considered, debated, and shot down.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #35
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
 
Dark Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
XM has already answered the questions about a joint operation before, and they just aren't interested in working with/for SSC right now. So consider your idea already considered, debated, and shot down.
Thanks Spidey976!..such a helpful chap you are....

You seem to be the only one that has a definitive answer from XM regarding this. If what you say is true, please link me so I can read up and stop asking the question.
If xm says no, there is no need for me to continue asking the question. I respect there thoughts on this.
If your links are simply xm saying they don't want to be SS, we already know that and doesn't answer my question. Maybe you need to reread my question?

The whole purpose of this exercise was to see, (all things considered) if collectors wouldn't mind some distribution on a few pieces. That's it. Noting else was implied. Its happened before and its happening now with other companies and ss. The past and current collaborations didn't seem to effect quality (however I could be mistaken on that last point..). thanks
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #36
Demona
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Demona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dela-where??
Posts: 11,981
I wouldn't want SS touching my XM pieces in any form -- creation, design, painting or shipping. It only muddies the waters if there are issues.

This is true especially since SSC has started phoning in their Marvel lines and shifted a great deal to DC and orignal pieces. Which is fine -- I enjoy having the options for both Marvel (XM) and DC (SS) pieces.

IF XM gets the rights to DC (which I don't see happening) then SSC might start feeling cagey. Until then, let them live in some sort of peace where fans of collecting don't have to worry about too many cooks in the kitchen.

Hell, we can't even get thru a thread without nit-picking ONE company design and pitting SSC and XM against each other thru own opinions. Could you imagine if TWO companies worked together?! Lord almighty.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #37
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
 
Spidey976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Logic View Post
Thanks Spidey976!..such a helpful chap you are....

You seem to be the only one that has a definitive answer from XM regarding this. If what you say is true, please link me so I can read up and stop asking the question.
If xm says no, there is no need for me to continue asking the question. I respect there thoughts on this.
If your links are simply xm saying they don't want to be SS, we already know that and doesn't answer my question. Maybe you need to reread my question?

The whole purpose of this exercise was to see, (all things considered) if collectors wouldn't mind some distribution on a few pieces. That's it. Noting else was implied. Its happened before and its happening now with other companies and ss. The past and current collaborations didn't seem to effect quality (however I could be mistaken on that last point..). thanks
DL you are a really good sport and I am sorry if any of reponses seemed short or condescending. That was not my intention. As for provinding a link, I don't know if I could even find the conversation(s) anymore, they are SO burried in all the XM threads that I am pretty sure I would NEVER be able to fine them again. I know the general gist as I said in the other thread, I just know that they aren't interested in that kind of partnership with SSC right now or atleast they weren't during those conversations, and I don't see that changing. MAYBE when XM has the ability to negotiate THEIR terms from a stronger position, but as of right now SSC is the big kid on the block and they would most likely insist on calling the shots. I just can't see XM going into that kind of relationship right now.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #38
keewan
Death is hereditary.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Logic View Post
Thanks Spidey976!..such a helpful chap you are....

You seem to be the only one that has a definitive answer from XM regarding this. If what you say is true, please link me so I can read up and stop asking the question.
If xm says no, there is no need for me to continue asking the question. I respect there thoughts on this.
If your links are simply xm saying they don't want to be SS, we already know that and doesn't answer my question. Maybe you need to reread my question?

The whole purpose of this exercise was to see, (all things considered) if collectors wouldn't mind some distribution on a few pieces. That's it. Noting else was implied. Its happened before and its happening now with other companies and ss. The past and current collaborations didn't seem to effect quality (however I could be mistaken on that last point..). thanks
You can find it in 1 of Bryan's 310 posts. I think it was in a long one about collaboration... Or take the easy route and post on the ask XM thread.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #39
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
 
Spidey976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
You can find it in 1 of Bryan's 310 posts. I think it was in a long one about collaboration... Or take the easy route and post on the ask XM thread.
LOL.... Heck if it was just as easy as searching his posts I would have done that already, but I think it cuts you off at the most recent 100... lol.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #40
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
 
Dark Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
DL you are a really good sport and I am sorry if any of reponses seemed short or condescending. That was not my intention. As for provinding a link, I don't know if I could even find the conversation(s) anymore, they are SO burried in all the XM threads that I am pretty sure I would NEVER be able to fine them again. I know the general gist as I said in the other thread, I just know that they aren't interested in that kind of partnership with SSC right now or atleast they weren't during those conversations, and I don't see that changing. MAYBE when XM has the ability to negotiate THEIR terms from a stronger position, but as of right now SSC is the big kid on the block and they would most likely insist on calling the shots. I just can't see XM going into that kind of relationship right now.
No hard feelings friend, "thick skin" is my middle name...for now.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com