Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Best Marvel Non-Super Powered Hand-To-Hand Fighter, No Weapons
Captain America 7 25.93%
Daredevil 1 3.70%
Shang-Chi 6 22.22%
Iron Fist (no chi-powered iron fist element) 0 0%
Mantis 1 3.70%
Kingpin 1 3.70%
Bullseye 0 0%
Punisher 0 0%
Black Widow 0 0%
Black Panther 3 11.11%
Psylock 1 3.70%
Wolverine (If no adamantium skeleton, let's say) 5 18.52%
Winter Soldier 1 3.70%
Falcon 0 0%
Karnak 1 3.70%
Other...who am I missing? 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 01:31 AM   #41
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Is Shang-Chi the master of Kung Fu and only Kung Fu?

Because if he is, Kung Fu has been proven over the last 20 years or so to be the weakest of all major martial art forms in MMA fighting.

So popular in the 70's but mostly useless against other forms.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:23 PM   #42
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I'd pretty much agree, except that when Iron Fist went up against Cap back in his first series, by Claremont and Byrne, Cap basically handed Rand his head. Iron Fist simply couldn't cope with Cap's (yes, enhanced, but still peak human) skills, speed and strength without resorting to his use of the iron fist strike.
I'm not much of an expert on Iron Fist, but is his "Iron Fist" a super power or is it the result of some kind extreme focus? If the latter, wouldn't the Iron Fist strike be fair game against Cap's peak human ability, for purposes of this comparison? Again, I'm actually asking the question...I don't know enough about Iron Fist...
Old 06-24-2016, 05:50 PM   #43
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I'm not much of an expert on Iron Fist, but is his "Iron Fist" a super power or is it the result of some kind extreme focus? If the latter, wouldn't the Iron Fist strike be fair game against Cap's peak human ability, for purposes of this comparison? Again, I'm actually asking the question...I don't know enough about Iron Fist...
The "Iron Fist" is a super power, not something developed from human abilities. So,for these purposes, I consider it a weapon rather than a human or peak human capability.

Here's some background on him, his abilities and powers:

http://marvel.com/characters/28/iron_fist

Last edited by wktf; 06-24-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:08 PM   #44
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugabrams View Post
Is Shang-Chi the master of Kung Fu and only Kung Fu?

Because if he is, Kung Fu has been proven over the last 20 years or so to be the weakest of all major martial art forms in MMA fighting.

So popular in the 70's but mostly useless against other forms.
I thought he's Master of Kung Fu only but, according to Marvel.com, he's a master of all forms of martial arts:

http://marvel.com/characters/2066/shang-chi
Old 06-26-2016, 02:42 AM   #45
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
I thought he's Master of Kung Fu only but, according to Marvel.com, he's a master of all forms of martial arts:

http://marvel.com/characters/2066/shang-chi
Cool, I was hoping so. No single martial art can keep up with todays mixed artists. Amazing how they have evolved in real life and Shang Chi shouldn't be a puss.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #46
Parallax
Nightwing

How are we determining who and who isn't super powered? So many on this list have powers.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:31 AM   #47
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
How are we determining who and who isn't super powered? So many on this list have powers.
Just fighting ability without powers. No Iron Fist strike for Iron Fist, no Psy-Dagger for Betsy, etc., and no weapons like Cap's shield or DD's billyclub. Just fighting capabilities only. Some have questioned Cap's inclusion due to the super soldier serum, but I've got him in here as it lifts him to peak HUMAN capabilities rather than giving him superhuman strength, speed, agility, etc. My biggest problem on the list is DD given his radar sense is superhuman and without it he'd be truly blind, but just wanted to focus on his strength, speed, agility, and training which all are human. It's a bit of a cheat, I acknowledge, but let's just have fun with the list and concept.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #48
Parallax
Nightwing

Well Daredevil is actually superhuman though. He has a mutated brain that works faster than any human's can.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:05 AM   #49
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Well Daredevil is actually superhuman though. He has a mutated brain that works faster than any human's can.
I've never understood that to be part of his capabilities. This also does not show up under his powers on marvel.com. He has radar sense and other enhanced senses but NOT the ability to think or for his brain to work faster than any human.

We're just talking about hand-to-hand fighting capabilities. I'm surprised at the number of times I've had to repeat this.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:16 AM   #50
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
I've never understood that to be part of his capabilities. This also does not show up under his powers on marvel.com. He has radar sense and other enhanced senses but NOT the ability to think or for his brain to work faster than any human.

We're just talking about hand-to-hand fighting capabilities. I'm surprised at the number of times I've had to repeat this.
Hank Pym discovers his brain functions when he shrinks down to do experiments on him. His brain is more advanced than a human brain. If we're ignoring everyone's powers, Black Panther takes it because of his suit and claws. If that doesn't count, Daredevil takes it because he can see in all directions at once and has beaten most of the people on this list. If that doesn't count, I don't know. There's a reason to disqualify a lot of these choices. Hand-to-hand fighting capabilities are brought on by powers for some characters.
Closed Thread